• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm Pregnant!!!!

It's only been 7 months post op. I am down 98 lbs and doing so amazing! AND NOW IM PREGNANT!? I found out last night in the er after being rear ended after work. They told me and I am still in shock. I have 3 young children already and I put my health and weight on the back burner for all of them. This was supposed to be my time! I am thrilled, excited, nervous, angry...you name it! I have to call my doctor first thing Monday. I am terrified for the baby. I hope that it can get plenty of nutrients from me with my small stomach! I have to stay on track with my weight loss. I have been doing so well. I am hoping that this is not a first for my doctor and he will be able to help me through this!!

OH I am sure many WLS patients have gotten pregnant. You will be fine but will gain some baby weight but now have it under control to lose after the baby.

Readyforanewstart-Congratulations!!! I am thrilled for you. I see you had sleeve surgery and not RNY. I'm sure you will do fine with your pregnancy. Your doctor will probably have you taking a lot of pre-natal vitamins and may have you make some dietary changes but I think it will be very doable. Make sure you give us frequent updates so we can take this new journey with you. Just think, you are having the first American Bariatric's Forum baby :) :) :) How exciting.

I know of at least two people who have had gastric bypass and gotten pregnant not too long after. One was two months, the other a year. Both of them turned out just fine. Gained minimal weight and continued weight loss after the birth. Because of the bariatric aspect, they were considered high risk but didn't eexperienced difficulties.

That is very exciting. Congratulations!! You may not gain too much. Just keep the great attitude you have that had you lose 98 lbs in 7 months! You can take care of your health while your pregnant. It will make for an easier pregnancy. I bet they have you eat many small meals packed with veggies and proteins. I wish you all the best

My friend became pregnant aftera year of bypass. She continiued to watch her intake, worked with her ob/gyn. And she did great. Looks wonderful, so talk to our doctor and stay on task. Which means eating healthy and watching fats and sugar if you exercise continue. You will be fine. Congrats btw.

So glad you are okay with the car accident. Wow that must have been wild to go to the E.R. for one thing and finding out something wonderful. Congratulations on your growing family. I also had the sleeve and we do absorb everything we eat so no worries there. Hope your ob and surgeon will work together. I hear your concern about gaining weight. I am sure you have made numerous changes in your behavior which will continue throughout your pregnancy. Like Pat said you will need your vitamins and protein and just overall healthy eating. Wishing you all the best.

Back