• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

In ER with Intestinal Blockage

GREAT to hear she is now home recuperating!!! I am sure it is all going to be ok!! Rest and when you can let us know how it is all going.

Hello Everyone, it's ME, not my sister this time. Thank you all for advice and caring thoughts. That was seriously painful and scary, but I hope all is well and I'm ready to begin again. I had had a decent amount of pain, but Friday was literally doubled over and crying. Went to the ER and ended up with a 4:00 a.m. emergency surgery. My doctor seems mystified as to WHY/HOW the scar tissue got there, but it was so tough he couldn't go through it and had to bypass. Of course this is two major surgeries within two weeks so I'm incredibly sore and incredibly grateful I had the foresight to wrap most of my Christmas gifts. Walking is much more difficult than after the original surgery, but I'm trying. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts! <3

So glad to see you home, up and about, and hope your pain abates quickly. Don't overdo. Hope you continue to improve daily. Joy

Wonderful to hear you are ok, at home and recovering. NOW it will go smoothly. What are you eating now? did they put you back to liquids or are you on the pureed foods? I have been having vanilla yogurt(Yoplait 100 2x protein) and some small curd cottage cheese no fat, for my proteins since I am unable to stomach the protein drinks, something about them make me nauseated. I had mashed potato last night and no problems. The Nutritionist is going to crown me, I am supposed to be on Clear Fluids and skip the protein drinks since they make me nauseated but I was so hungry that I tried the yogurts and it want well so I did the cottage cheese and then mashed potato.

Sandie, my doctor said I could go onto eggs, shakes, etc., but like you I'm REALLY struggling with nausea! I don't want ANYTHING. The best I've done is Popsicles and fat free pudding. I'm not getting enough protein, but I also can't afford to vomit with the now TWO surgeries. With the first, they made 4 incisions at the top of my stomach. During the next surgery, 8 days later, he had to reopen my major one up top and create three new ones below. I feel like I can barely move. In so much pain and trying my best, but food is like my last thought. :/

I am not nauseated UNLESS I drink the protein drinks(weird) so having things like yogurt, and cottage cheese to make up for the protein but they do not make up for the lost protein. Hope when i go to doctor on Thursday officially allow me to do the stage 3 diet so I can eat some meats and fish etc. We shall see, nurtionist may be upset that I roll my self to stage 3 before the 16th day but I needed to eat something and get some protein and it is settling well so what's the problem?
Hope you feel better every day Dragonfly. They must have done a CT scan of your abdomen so know you are ok.

Back