• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Insomnia?

the spa guy

Is this normal? I woke up at 3:30 am yesterday and couldnt fall asleep until I took a sleeping pill at 1:00 am the next day. I woke up at 6:00 am this morning I'm wide awake and absolutely not hungry at all. I've been doing great I'm down 11 pounds in a week but I just dont get why I cant sleep. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks James

I've noticed that digesting food seems to hamper my sleep patterns, so I try not to consume anything at least 4 hours before bedtime. This is new--never happened before WLS.

James, I have never had that problem. Karenina might be on to something. Try her method and see if it helps, if not, I would check with the Doc office to see what they say.

Frank

:cool:

I think it's because you're still excited from the surgery. In the beginning, after surgery, I might fall asleep about 11 pm and then a couple hours later wake up wide awake and be awake the rest of the night. Now I do get more sleep but not as much as I used to. I think about the surgery and my diet and the food and getting thin, and all the things I will be doing soon etc all the time. I'm just really excited about my new life. Maybe this is why you're not sleeping alot. Maybe you are just thinking alot about the changes in your life.

Cheyenne

I also am waking up early in the morning and not getting back to sleep....Will talk to my Dr on Tuesday about it...

Back