• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Internal Hernia, Anyone?

mmccarty

A week and a half ago I suddenly had crippling pain on my right side. I went to the ER and it was learned that I had gallstones. I was sent home and told to schedule surgery. They weren't going to get me in for almost a week to remove my gallbladder. The next day I ended up back in the ER. This time they did a CT scan to make sure my gastric bypass wasn't causing any other complications. They came back to my room and told me I was heading straight in for surgery because.... Lucky Me.... I had a leak caused by a internal hernia. So last Friday I had my hernia repaired and my gallbladder removed. I am over 8 months out and at my goal weight so I don't want to complain too much... But I am frustrated with what seems like constant complications since having my surgery.

Thanks for letting me vent. And I would like to know if anyone else had an internal hernia or gallbladder issues.

A lot of people have gallbladder issues, internal hernia not so much. Sorry to hear about your troubles but, two years out, it would be hard to pin it on anything but bad luck.

Back