• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Introduction

Nai29

Hello all, my name is Nai and I am new to this site. I recently got the lap band on Monday 12/19, and I am feeling kinda down. All of my family members are out at parties and dinners and I am stuck in the house on my first week of clear's. I thought that this was going to be an easy week because I am not hungry. This week has proven to be other wise. It's Christmas my favorite time of the year and I am stuck in the house. It is not the fact that I am wanting food, It's just that I feel lonely and no one else is going through this.

Yeh I had a good cry the othernight. I had been on liquids for 4 weeks and had one more week on liquids. I was really feeling sorry for myself. I made myself remember why I wanted to lose weight and decided I could do this. You can go to parties and not eat go for the socializing. It will be worth it!

Welcome Nai. You are among friends here. I will be having RNY in February and often think how I will be able to handle the early stages of my post surgical diet. I know it won't be a cake walk and I'll just have to deal with it one day at a time. The holidays can be an especially difficult time. Hey, you can deal with this...you already took the first step by having the surgery. Why don't you go visiting so you won't be home alone? Just take your liquids with you. You might feel better if you talk to people about what you are going through. Remember you are not going through this alone. Everyone here has gone through it and some are in the same phase you are right now. Just make sure you come back here and let everyone know how you are doing. You are an inspiration to me!!!!!!!!

I am 10 years out now. Hang in there. It is worth it. I almost killed my husband for eating too loud when I was about 2 weeks out. It was so hard but so worth it.

Been there done that. 3 months ago summer was at it peak and I just had surgery and it seemed like the family have dinners and bar-b-que',s all the time and li was hard to sit through those feasts but I prided myself to be strong and could realized I can live with it. and guess what 3 months later I am down 87 pounds and loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back