• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Is having a Support Group important to you??

Is Support Group Important to you?

• Total voters

supersleever

I remember the second day post op....I had a longing inside to connect with other friends that could really understand what I was embarking upon. I felt like even tho my honey was by my side all the way....there was not way he could relate totally with what I was going thru. I went out and found a Support Group that very day. I have gone every month since day one, and I find it VERY important to my success!! Thank you to all of you that have been my Support!
What say you all in Washington.......Very Important.....Somewhat Important......Not Too Important......Unimportant. What's your vote???;)

Hi Supersleever, I am not from Washington but it has been very very very important to me before and after surgery to have a support group (so I voted:eek:), there were times when I went 2 times a mont and sometimes go a few months without but know I have one to go to is just comfoting to know they are there when I need them. Plus I get all kinds of other great advice there that helps me make better choices on my journey. :cool: Tom

It is important to me to find a smaller group. The one I go to is affiliated with the hospital, and it takes 30 or more minutes out of the hour just to get through introductions.

It's very important to me. I haven't had the surgery yet but I went to a local group here (just a block away from my house) because the surgeon wanted me to attend three meetings prior to surgery. I really enjoyed the people and looked forward to going to more meetings when they told me that I wouldn't be able to use them because they "weren't in my insurance network". Crap. I had to start all over again 30 miles away! I plan on asking the people here if I pay the $150.00 they charge their patients if it would be o.k. if I attend their meetings.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Mergatroid. There is a group that meets monthly at the hospital through which my surgery was done. It's a fair drive though, so I looked for something online. This forum has been helpful.

I'm a self-described hermit. I also live a ways from anywhere and certainly from places that have meetings. As I said below with Mergatroid, I found the online forum to be helpful. I wish I had a better connection with my surgeon and her staff. And What part of Washington?

I am new and just saw ur post. May I ask how u r doing now? it has been a while since ur last post. How did u find a group? I am looking for one near Olympia

Sorry I haven't been on here for awhile. I got into a local support group here and this forum, unfortuneatly, fell by the way side. Now that I am 15months post op, I feel qualified to impart advice or what have you. If you are able to, I whole heartily recommend attending a support group. They are there to help, and some day you will be the one to help too.

Support groups are extremely important to me. There are none in my town or in the surrounding towns. I depend on Yahoo! groups and this one.

I’m Looking for a support group, in the Aberdeen area......
Debi, you are responding to a poll from 2016. I just saw your post today. I hope you're still here and are getting something out of the group, especially the support that you're looking for.

Are there any free online support groups in WA? I'm really needing some people to talk to, but I dont have time for in person meetings.

You're connected to the best online support group i've ever had. and obviously, i'm in the same state you are.

check out our group archives and search by interest. you'll probably find dozens of answers to questions you haven't even asked yet.

welcome & good luck.

Back