• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Itching

mergatroid

I do not have any rash but my belly itches insanely? Why? I could understand if it was right over the incisions but it isn't. Sometimes I swear the only thing that would make it stop is to rake my nails across the area. Don't worry, I'm not going to do that. I just want to know when it will stop, or if there is any cream I could use.

I do not have any rash but my belly itches insanely? Why? I could understand if it was right over the incisions but it isn't. Sometimes I swear the only thing that would make it stop is to rake my nails across the area. Don't worry, I'm not going to do that. I just want to know when it will stop, or if there is any cream I could use.

You can use either of these for the itching. Just don't put either of them directly on your incisions.

1. Make a paste of baking soda and water. Put it anywhere you itch, except your incisions.
or
2. Put enough warm/hot water on a regular tea bag to moisten it to the point it isn't quite dripping. Wash the itching areas with the tea bag, avoiding your incisions.

Either of these should help without fear of drug interactions, etc.

IF you should develop a severe rash or hives, call your medicos at once.

Mergatroid-The itching might be from internal tissue healing from the surgery. If you get any redness or rash you should call your doctor immediately as it may be an allergic reaction or maybe even an infection. it would probably be a good idea to call the doctor anyway.

Mergatroid-Boy oh boy do I know about itching, although I was having allergic reaction, my surgeon gave me permission to use benedryl cream in with my body lotion. Make sure you are moisturizing well with something good like Lubriderm or Nivea and a saving grace for me was Aveeno oatmeal bath and Dr. Teels milk bath powder (both at walmart). Also using a good lotion has helped my incisions heal faster. I pray that it will stop for you soon!!

Back