• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Its been 25 days since my surgery...feels like a million!

Hello world of, " What have I done!" Its been 25 days...the first few days i think i was angry at myself...I knew better than to take Anti inflammitories..that distroyed my pyloric opening...so this RNY gastric bipass has helped me get some quality of life back! So now that i am 25 days out from my surgery I can honestly say...I am glad i went forward with this...even though everytime I drink water i am still getting nauseated. Every time I eat the goo....i feel awful. Cant stand the gas nor the belching...but hey its better than the symptoms before I had this surgery!
I would like to know if the severe pain i still have like way deep, probably middle of stomach..when i cough deeply is normal...? Havent called the doc about it...figure sooner or later it would heal? Hoping so...'
I certainly would like a buddy male or female who had their surgery about the same time as me to compare and discuss...anyone out there that wants a buddy too let me know thanks ....abbie

hi there..... i am having my surgery on the 27th of feb......but doesnt mean we couldnt go thru some of the same things......i wonder how mad i will be at myself or how many second guesses i can make up before i actually lay on the surgical bed.....i havent heard anything about the pain but my surgeon said if ANYTHING arrives that i dont like to call them up and say what is going on.....so that would be my advice .....call the doc

Keep up the good work and your spirits! I just had my bypass on 2/14/13 and am still dizzy, weak and in alot of discomfort, but I KNOW this was the best decision... I have faith that you will too!

Thank you for the kind words..and you arent far out from me...i guess the nauseation seems to be common....today i am just working on fluids and protein and leaving the three small meals alone....my surgeon doesnt believe in the six small meals...he only wants three...and thats just fine with me,,,,I have gotten 20 oz of water down..thats a good thing! lol Further out i get the better my attitude is i notice...do you feel the same way?

I had my surgery about two weeks ago, and I get a lot of nauseousness with my protein drinks, but I can get my water down. I definitely know that feeling of "oh my god, what did i do", it hit me two days after my surgery. I totally agree with you, the further out, the happier i am getting.

I wouldnt call it happiness...but more like accepting on what i have done! Its like spilt milk...got to go forward now, no since looking back....I am going to try a cup of home made hot chocolate...see how that makes me feel....I was so hot blooded before this surgery....now i just cant get warm...is this a common thing with this surgery as well? I have asked a few and they all say the same thing they are always cold. Friend of mine I talked to today said where she works, lot of women work there and she can tell who has had bipass surgery they have their coats on inside and some even have gloves with the tips cut out so they can type on their computers....she was laughing...shaking my head...least i wont be sweating all the time anymore! Another, clearing my throat, good thing after the surgery lol!

Hi Redreddinghood, I had my surgery four months ago and it is the best decision I ever made. I too had many times when I regretted the surgery and questioned my intelligence. Most of that was in the first few weeks of surgery. I no longer regret my decision at all, it never crosses my mind. The farther out I get the easier it gets, but I am noticing that I now look at the sweets and sometimes a thought flashes through my head. "One bite won't hurt" The hell it won't! I'm working on my self-talk, I keep repeating that I don't like sweets any more. This is a life long journey and we have to take it one day at a time. Good luck to you, see you in the Losers Circle.

:cool:

Awww the reason that i sound like i have an attitude...is I was hoping the chronic cough, which was just horrible..my vocal cords are all calloused due to the coughing, all probably caused by insaids taken for a truama to my right knee..i was a nurse...and all these side effect, including gaining weight made me immediately have to quit work...been five years now...from one doc to another...till they finally said it was a hiatal hernia and the pyloric opening...damaged..I have been eating mushy food for years..The surgeon who decided the bipass would help fix several of my problems immediately, chose NOT to fix the hiatal hernia at the same time..and now after the surgery the cough is still here...every symptom that was there before still is....but now i cant eat anything...I have to be under 150 pounds before the hiatal hernia can be fixed..so that it will stay after that surgery...I at this time doubt if i ever will get to 150 pounds...tomorrow is a month since surgery and i have lost three pounds lol....i notice one day i am up next down...and I am so glad you are answering ...helps me think there will be a decent tomorrow! thanks so much....

The best way to lose weight is to be sure you're getting your protein and exercising. I started walking the day I got home from surgery and now do about an hour or so a day. It's been great, but I hit a plateau early on, and found out I wasn't getting enough protein in. Keep at it, it will happen and you will break 150, just never give up.

:cool:

Back