• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Its time I think.

I still have problem looking in the mirror. So I decided if my hair is gonna fall out at least its gonna be blonde lol. I take bioton and Hair skin and nails & shampoo and conditioner made with Bioton. and so far so good. I was afraid to get anything done but I need to so I am getting it done Friday. Also I wear dentures they are to big, & I saw a dentist and that is in the works. I am slowly looking at my face to determine why I don't know me. So, I think when I treat myself to a few things I will know be again. I am healthy and thankful so that should help me feel even better. I have had a little low blood sugar but I see the doctor Thursday & he can advise me. Has anyone else had any hair done? I think I was waiting to see, but I have lost no hair yet, knock on wood. So I will post the pix of me when I am done. Hope everyone is doing well, Soon it will be Spring ;) I love Spring.
Hugs to all,
Angie

My hair started thinning at about 5 months. I do take biotin, get my protein etc. I got a hair cut on Saturday and my hair dresser said I have no bald spots. She is sure it will get thicker. Any kind of process is stress on the hair, but if you are not having any problems go for it. I think you look great as a brunette, but if you feel like a blond it is important to like who is looking back at you in the mirror. Good luck!

Hi,

I did not avoid mirrors because I wanted to watch myself change and you know what, I didn't see it in the mirror at all except maybe in my face. Where I ended up seeing it was in my pictures (I need to take another one). My family sure noticed it though. After all I see myself every day and I only see them about once or maybe twice a month so they really notice it. I notice it my clothes. Went out to lunch today and ended up getting sick, this lapband does that from time to time and I about upchucked my toenails and then I was fine. Brought my piece of chicken home with me. My hair has not gotten any thinner, it has always been fine and thin but I take vitamins and make sure I get all my protein every day. They told me it was protein or lack of protein that causes hair loss. I seem to be at a plateau right now which will change as soon as I can get in the pool. This journey has been interesting to say the least. I love reading everyone's stories and appreciate the support provided by this site.

I just had my hair done yesterday and I love it, I've been tanning, we've been getting ready for a cruise in three weeks, I love my hair I will post pictures later, my hair also thinned out a little at three months so I increased my protein, and biotin, now my hair is very healthy , have fun getting your hair done :)

I am a natural blonde but went brown before surgery, why I don't know lol. mBut I am not me in this. And I will be okay I think if I keep g\doing all I do to prevent it. I do get protein and everything else. So either way I will feel better. Thanks.

I did not get to do this. Wish I had. I had my bypass and 2 days later had surgery on my bowels that erupted. So I was a little slower in gaining back my strength & to be honest a little depressed at first. But when I got to feeling well I was doing everything I was suppose to & just never noticed me that much. So, one day someone took a picture the one you see on my profile. I did not identify with this at all. So, looking in the mirror is a source of stress to me. I do not have a full length one but do at my daughters. I have had some depression over this confusion and have read it happens sometimes. I lost a lot of weight rather quickly, and not time to let it come off the way I thought it would. I do see my surgeon tomorrow and I might be at goal. I am 4 months out. Not sure if having two surgeries help that number go faster or what. But I eat take vitamins protein and exercise daily. I talked to my pysch and he said its just my mind needs to catch up with my body. He said he did not think I needed a therapist. So I went from 24 to 8 in a very short time span. I need to feel its me and to identify myself. Like I said I never had brown hair that throws me off and I think by giving myself a much needed boast I will feel better and relate again to me. I do not weight myself but once a month or twice if I have to see another doctor. So, tomorrow I will find out where I am. I took blood work so that can be read and make sure I am taking all that my body needs. I am at time over whelmed by all this... But glad I am healthy stronger and when I can put the two together I will be thankful. I am glad you are not having bald spots a few of the people in my support group I attend do. I will be okay. Can't wait to get out and live again I hate winter in Ohio. But soon The birds will sing the flowers will bloom and I always turn into thumper and redo just like the earth lol. Thanks for writing And hope you keep your hair forever.:cool:
Hugs,
Angie

GGGRRREEEEAAATTTT so happy for you, you will have a great time. I could use that well in time lol. Tanning wow. I am impressed I went on the Western Carribean about 20years ago and I swear I will go again. Yeah I always take tons of biotin it works for me. You must write me and tell me all about this exciting cruise you are going on. They are getting one together through Tripple AAA and its for April not this one but next so one never knows maybe I will go. You have a blast as I know you will so happy for you. ;)
hugs,
Angie PS...
Take plenty of pictures
Angie

I guess what happened with me in terms of the mirror was I had surgery for my weight loss and then two days later my bowels actually burst. I took a while getting ovver the two surgeries. And I did not look in the mirror (stayed at my daughters for a few weeks. I began to feel better after a while and I came home but was a bit depressed. That soon lifted and I begin exercising and always did my diet and vitamin and protein and water. But this happened so quickly that I was in shock Maybe it was the two surgeries I don't know. ZBut I am nearly goal if not there. I see my WLS tomorrow and had blood work. So hopefully that will be okay. I will adjust get rid of this brown hair I am blonde and get a little pampering. I just have not been concern with looking at myseldf. When this pix wasd taken I was in shock. But I am going to learn to accept me & the pysch said it will be alright as soon as my mind catches up with my body. I am 4 months and maybe at goal. So its a little much to deal with all at once. I feel better stronger, healther. So I am treating myself to this hair, nails, eye brows etc. The body is at a weight I will find out tomorrow. But I will adjust, and make friends with the new me. lol. But I was soize 24 now 8 so I like wearing clothes. I take it one day ata time. And Friday is my turn to be me again. Or the new me. Hugs to all as you journey, I am continueing on and soon I will be know the new me. Take care
Angie

I am a natural blonde but went brown before surgery, why I don't know lol. mBut I am not me in this. And I will be okay I think if I keep g\doing all I do to prevent it. I do get protein and everything else. So either way I will feel better. Thanks.

From your picture I thought you were a ginger person.

Back