• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

It's time to make a change

micheleln11

Hi everyone,
My name is Michele, I am 35 years old married with 2 amazing kids ages 2 and 7. I have decided after years of struggling to go through with the bypass surgery. I had looked into it a few ago and backed out. I guess it wasn't time then. Well, it is time NOW!!! I met with my surgeon on 5/22. Got my blood work done, an upper GI series, pulmonary function test and my first mental health evaluation on 5/23. Met my nutritionist on 5/24. Today is 5/26. I guess you can say I am extremely motivated and ready for this. I quit smoking 4 weeks ago after 20 years. I have also started my pre surgery diet plan. On 5/29 I get my cardiac clearance out of the way and also meet with my PCP. I have done so much reading on the risks and complications from this surgery and I have to say that I am not swayed. My family is very supportive and that is a huge plus. I can't wait to see the new me. I'll be posting a lot on here just to kind of blog my journey I guess lol. I look forward to getting to know some of you and sharing experiences.

The journey begins now!:D

Michele, congrats on your decision and progress you've made in your WLS journey. You seem to be highly motivated and I think you'll do well. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let us know, that's what we're here for.

Frank

:cool:

Back