• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Jan 4th is my surgery - NERVOUS

mlmoss77

Hello all... My name is michelle, and i am 34 and weigh 370... This jan 4th Is my surgery date. I am excited but scared at the same time. I am scared that something bad will happen and my 3 year old daughter will be with out her mom... And yes i know if i dont do this she will eventualy anyways. Just the stress is getting to me, im having trouble sleeping. and now im on my 2 days of clear liquids. I have lost a bit of weight before the surgery, and my dr said if i gained a single pound he wasnt going to do it... and since i dont have a scale that will weigh me im scared on that reguard. But I have done very well, and have eaten very healthy, i just hope it was enough. Man i am stressssssing..anyways... any advice... would love some.

take care
michelle.

hi Michelle, what type of surgery are you having? i had the lap band in October and was just as scared as you are! I have a 10 year old son. Just keep strong and you will do great!!! Will be here waiting to see how you do and I will pray all goes well!!!!!!!! Hugs congradulations on the new you!
Laycee

Hello Michelle,
Tomorrow is the big day, the beginning of a new life for you. I was so nervous as well, but everything went fine, as I'm sure it will for you. I was 382 at my highest, and am now 226 lbs. and a size 16. I have more energy than I've had is soooo long. Hang in there, and know that I will be praying for you.
Jen

Hi Michelle: I will be praying for you...and you can pray for me when I have mine in the next 2 mos. (DS surgery). I have read so many success and happiness stories that I am encouraged--knowing it takes effort & time, but that the benefits far outweigh any pain or suffering...hang in there, girl! ~Belinda

Hi Michelle. My name is Tom. You will do great, you are on a fantastic journey! Like everyone else I was scared too. You have been doing great. The stress is normal, the only advice I can think of is take all the family and friends that you can when you go in for surgery, I had all three of my daughters there and they were waiting for me when I was done, One of them had the surgery a year earlier so she knew what I was going through, I was so happy to see them all. I will be praying for you. :cool: Tom

I hope that your surgery went well for you! Life will be new, fun, exciting, and healthier. I had lab band procedure on 11/08/2011. I was scared like you. I have three kids. Ages are 17, 5, and 2. It is going to be so much fun when I can keep up with them. I already have more energy than I had pre surgery. I can't wait to hear how you are doing. You will have great success!

scared about eating regimen after surgery...

Congratulations, Kristina, on your success with the lap-band surgery in Nov.! :) How difficult is it to "deprive" yourself of your pre-op favorite foods? How do you overcome that and discipline yourself to give up totally what you liked to eat before surgery? Is it just by necessity that we have to do that? ~Belinda

p.s. It's Michelle's surgery that was the 4th, not mine...I don't know how I got posted for this? We need administrator help on the postings, I think...I will contact them.

Last edited:
Back