• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Johns Hopkins Bayview Center

chatwidow

Wonderful experience. Every need was met and I didn't have to wait for anything. Rooms were clean and good sized. Private rooms and semi-private are both available. I had a private room. The bed was rated for 500 lbs and they had oversized scales, wheelchairs and gowns. Absolutely wonderful care by the nursing staff both day and night and especially in pre-op and post-op. I was visited by at least 3 -4 doctors each day. I saw the dietician, occupational therapist, charge nurse and home healthcare nurse and of course my doctor, all before discharge. They arranged for home health care nurse to visit at least twice and also my surgeon's office called on several occasions to check in with me to see how things were going. Very pleased with my experience at Hopkins.

It's nice to hear that some hospitals put patient care as a priority. I'm glad your experience was wonderful and that your recovery is coming along smoothly. Make sure to come back to the forum to let us know how you are doing.

Just had surgery on 10/9/14 was put in ICU for 2 days .. I was a mod risk but come out of it just fine. The nurses on the 2nd floor ICU were great.. my day or night they are wonderful group of people.. They also didn't have a bed avaible on the bariatic ward till late second nite. And my nurses up on the 6 th floor can't hold a candle to the 2nd floor ICU. But over all not JHU..

Good luck as you move forward. There is nothing better than a good hospital with excellent care.

You got it! I got it! Most of us did. The key was picking a good doctor and also going to a hospital that is a "center of excellence for bariatric surgery".

Best wishes,

Ralph

Back