• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just got back from my weight loss dr appointment.

P_Powell

Hello, it's been awhile since I was on.Thought I'd give you an update. The Nurse Practioner said I'm doing excellent. I have dropped another 20 pounds making for a grand total since my surgery date (Sept 7th 2012) of 50.2 pounds. Some people in my family thought I had come to a stand still, but I was told that a sleeve is different than a by pass. The sleeve gives the patient a little bit bigger stomach than the by pass, and by pass patients do lose faster that sleeve patients. All in all I'm doing quite well. My weight loss should be slow and steady at 1.5 to 2 pounds a week. I was happy to know all is well.:D

P_Powell, you are doing great. Congratulations on the continued weight loss and the sensible approach. You have a great start on your journey, keep it up and keep us posted.

:cool:

Congrats... I don't know but my cousin is losing well she is like with 10 pounds of her goal. Yah. She had the sleeve and lost quickly. Yeah thats what my docter said 1-2 pounds a week. Thats 8 pounds a month. Not bad. exercise will make it a little faster. Congrats

Back