• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just starting out

Hi- I am just starting on my journey. I am working on completing my initial doctor appointments. I am feeling anxious that the tests are going to find something majorly wrong with me. Anyone else have those thoughts? I am hoping that I might find the support that I need to get through to the next steps of this process. I have a great support system at home but it is nice to hear the opinions from people who have been through this or are going through this.

I am pre-surgery myself. All the appointments are worth it. You learn so much, good and bad. Take any news as a means of encouragement to keep going. Anything they find can hopefully be fixed with having surgery and getting healthier. Sometimes one appt turns into another and another, but it will all be worth it when you are on the other side of surgery and rocking that weightloss and all those NSV’s!

Thanks Mandy! Where are you at in the process of pre surgery? I meet my surgeon on 6/3 and am assuming I go over all of the test results with him. I can’t wait for the NSVs! I think I am most looking forward to running again!
My first appt is 6/1! We will probably be surgery buddies if all goes according to plan. I am hoping by the end of the year. Fingers crossed!

My first appt is 6/1! We will probably be surgery buddies if all goes according to plan. I am hoping by the end of the year. Fingers crossed!
Yay! That is awesome! Fingers. Tossed it right I am trying my hardest to get the “first available “ appointment for all of my appointments but I am sure you are experiencing the same thing with the wait times…

Yay! That is awesome! Fingers. Tossed it right I am trying my hardest to get the “first available “ appointment for all of my appointments but I am sure you are experiencing the same thing with the wait times…
It has been horrible! But things are getting back to normal here in MO so it’s getting better. The real issue is that my Bariatric surgeon is also an on call trauma surgeon. I have been rescheduled twice

Hi- I am just starting on my journey. I am working on completing my initial doctor appointments. I am feeling anxious that the tests are going to find something majorly wrong with me. Anyone else have those thoughts? I am hoping that I might find the support that I need to get through to the next steps of this process. I have a great support system at home but it is nice to hear the opinions from people who have been through this or are going through this.
My surgery is on June 1st and it's been a long ride! I had so many of those thoughts that you mention about not being approved for the surgery - and the entire time up to my last appointment the doctor's office would never tell me if I was a good candidate or not - it was really frustrating! They just kept telling me that everything I was doing was going to be considered for candidacy and they would discuss it and let me know. And believe me, there were a lot of reasons they could have turned me down but....the surgery is coming up! Hang in there, good luck, and welcome!

Congrats on getting so close to your start date. One thing I wish I had realized is that I didn't have to say goodbye forever to a lot of my fave foods. I discovered the most important part of my weight loss journey that would make this a life long lifestyle change was to develop a completely new relationship with how I eat. My true body hunger is what I needed to discover, instead of listening to my head hunger that always drove me to eat whether I was full or not.

As long as you can get in your 64-80ozs of water and your 60+ grams of protein, and incorporate movement daily if possible, you will be successful. It really does work, even if you hit a stall or plateau occasionally. The weight does come off, and in a year from now, you will barely remember the few weeks of liquids and will be enjoying a whole new you!!!

Congrats on getting so close to your start date. One thing I wish I had realized is that I didn't have to say goodbye forever to a lot of my fave foods. I discovered the most important part of my weight loss journey that would make this a life long lifestyle change was to develop a completely new relationship with how I eat. My true body hunger is what I needed to discover, instead of listening to my head hunger that always drove me to eat whether I was full or not.

As long as you can get in your 64-80ozs of water and your 60+ grams of protein, and incorporate movement daily if possible, you will be successful. It really does work, even if you hit a stall or plateau occasionally. The weight does come off, and in a year from now, you will barely remember the few weeks of liquids and will be enjoying a whole new you!!!
Totally agree.the dang relationship between food and I definitely needs to change.

Seems they always take the gallbladder at the same time, so don't be surprised. There were four stones in mine. I had major surgery because medicine was less advanced. But I recovered and changed my life.

Attachments

• 1597599092523_1597599090846_Screenshot_20200611-191955.jpg
    1597599092523_1597599090846_Screenshot_20200611-191955.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 51
Back