• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just stopped by to say hello

Jennifer.B

Hi I'm Jennifer or Jeni if you prefer.

I started my journey August 6 2014 by attending a info session with Memorial Bariatrics in Savannah GA. I had my first appointment 8/12 and meet my Dr. He was very good at explaining the process and I liked him right away. I had my first nutrition appt. 8/19 got a huge packet of info of the do's and don'ts as far as food and drinks. Tomorrow 8/21 I am having a EGD and labs.

I have 3 more months of required diet and exercise classes, the mental health eval, and a all day success work shop to go then surgery. Shooting for November / December of this year.

I am glad to be here and hoping to learn some things along the way. :D

Last edited:
Hi I'm Jennifer or Jeni if you prefer.

I started my journey August 6 2014 by attending a info session with Memorial Bariatrics in Savannah GA. I had my first appointment 8/12 and meet my Dr. He was very good at explaining the process and I liked him right away. I had my first nutrition appt. 8/19 got a huge packet of info of the do's and don'ts as far as food and drinks. Tomorrow 8/21 I am havering a EGD and labs.

I have 3 more months of required diet and exercise classes, the mental health eval, and a all day success work shop to go then surgery. Shooting for November / December of this year.

I am glad to be here and hoping to learn some things along the way. :D

WELCOME to the Forum, Jennifer!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your decision for a journey to better health! :) Keep us up to date on your progress!

Good Luck!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

Hi Jeni! I was in your shoes in May when I started my journey. I am 20+ days away from my rny on September 18. The time goes by pretty quickly and there is a lot of information they throw at you. If you have any questions, tips, ideas or comments remember we are here! Thanks for sharing.

My next appointment is 9/22/14, the day after we get back from a week a Disney. I have started my food log and I am going to get my fanny back to the YMCA on Monday. This weekend we have to cut up a tree that feel in the yard.

Hi Jeni! I was in your shoes in May when I started my journey. I am 20+ days away from my rny on September 18. The time goes by pretty quickly and there is a lot of information they throw at you. If you have any questions, tips, ideas or comments remember we are here! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a bunch, :D

Thanks a bunch, :D

Hello Jeni...

Welcome to ABS Group good luck I'm sure you will do great!
If you need any help just chime in.

Almost done with all the pre surgery stuff, only one more NUT / exercise appt on 11/26 and the Success Habits workshop in 11/8. Paperwork should be submitted 12/1(according to the insurance person in the office) shooting for surgery on 12/10 or 12/17, if not then 1/7/15. I am hoping the insurance co is on the ball to approve the surgery like they have for everything else I have needed done during this process.

Back