• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Kiss goodbye plus sizes!

me2012

2 months and a few weeks i can wear xl regular womans clothes instead of plus sizes! To anyone thinking about getting wls done, do it you will never look back. I always look forward and see the goal soon a reality. :D

Me 2012 yeah happy for you, it's a wonderful feeling to not have to shop in plus size, i bagged up my plus size clothes to give them to others whom still need this size, plus to make sure i have no reason to go back to those sizes. Having the surgery was the best thing i've ever done for myself. I have pounds to go but this year i will reach my goal and do a happy dance when i get there. Keep up the good work and be proud of yourself for how far you've come. Have a nice evening. Donna

thanks so much Donna. I too have to get busy and rid my closet of the plus sizes i have warn for years. I want to save one "big" outfit to be able to take a picture in when i reach my goal. That day will be like no other! I am also going to reward myself with a vacation to California where my family lives which i haven't seen for 4 years. I will watch them walk right by me at the airport!

I agree with the above. I had to get rid of my plus size clothing as well. I went to a department store and the lady who was helping me had had WLS. She went and got me some clothes to try on and I told her I would never be able to get into them. Guess what, they were a size smaller than what I had chosen and they fit. Happy Dance! No plus sizes ever again. Best thing I have ever done for myself. Congrats to you all who have reached that point.

My Big moment was last week. My first goal for myself, was to be able to wear my husband jeans. He wears a 34-32. And I was getting dressed and was about to put some shorts on, and his jeans were lying there so, I thought I'd try them on while he was outside to see how much farther I had to go. To my amazement they zipped up and I could button them. Without lying on the bed, I might add. He was shocked and he did the happy dance when I showed him my new jeans. LOL It was a Great Day. Next goal is to be under 200lbs. I have 8 lbs to go. I never would have thought that this would be possible. I'm proud to be a LOSER.

Javajoy I am so glad you had a fun shopping experience with that lady's help, It had to be a wonderful feeling fitting into a smaller size, a similar thing happened to me at Christmas. My sister had bought me a pair of jeans for Christmas and I said let me go try them on and see how much I have to loose before I can wear them. I came out in the jeans and smiling from ear to ear. I have one more size I want to go down and it will happen. But in the meantime we can continue to have fun shopping and buying smaller sizes. congratulations to you and me2012 too. have a good evening. Donna

Bamanbaby yeah happy for you too, I know you and your husband shared a happy dance too. you're doing great, so happy for you.keep up thegood work you'll be at your goal soon.
Donna

congrats to you all ...... I can not wait to finally have the surgery done and in time feel these same things ..... it's got to be awesome

It is a good feeling to not have to shop in plus size dept. I have been to different stores and each one tries to put the fat dept in a different way, but we know. I kept wearing my 1x clothes and then my coworkers and daughter confronted me and said you need to go shopping. I finally did. Walking into the regular dept for the first time was scarey. I thought for sure nothing would fit. I think I still had a fat head. Well things fit. I of course now look smaller, becase my clothes fit. I did not buy much, just enought for work and exercise and yoga stuff. I am hoping to lose more, but I needed the push to beleive I deserved to have new things that I liked. Instead of just buying what would fit me. It's all an emotional journey.

Kim, the first couple of times i tries to shop for new clothes in the "regular" size departments, I was overwhelmed. I have shopped in plus size for many years and we all know that the selection is very small. To now have so much to choose from was too much. I didnt know where to begin. I went home in tears, my husband didnt understand why this wasnt a fun experiance for me. It should have been. It takes time for the emotional/mental parts to catch up with the body. I felt lost, in the unfamiliar. A friend suggested that I stick to small stores at first and not go into the bigger department stores. I tried that and it was much more manageable. I have to find out what I like and what looks good on me now. It is getting easier. I still have a long way to go mentally. But I am starting to enjoy it more.

Back