• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

lap band surgery 4/24/12 about 1 week post op; questions

gwinnyb

had recent lap band surgery. 1 week of clear liquids and full liquids but I am so hungry. i am drinking protein shakes and lots of water as instructed. I can eat yogurt which I am doing. of course I am loosing absolutely no weight and and still pretty swollen around the camera holes in my belly. I have not really had much pain other than shoulder pain from diaphragmatic irritation. my first fill and md visit will be on the 9th of may. then i can advance to pureed foods . Has anyone else had this problem? what did you do about this?
chewing gum helps some.

HI Gwinnyb, Welcome. I had the RnY but we all lose weight at a different pace so hang in there, sometimes after surgery the body is still trying to recover, be patient as long as you follow the doctors meal plan instructions the weight will start to come off, remember to get as much execise as the doctor allows. They say with the lap band weight loss is not as fast but it does work, so hang in there. :cool: Tom

I had the band on 5/30. After about a week I called the office and said I was doing okay, but was very tired of this diet. They suggested adding an egg, applesauce and cottage cheese - taking it slow and easy to see how I do. I have not had any problems with the food. I still do the protein shakes. I get my first fill the 28th and I am anxious to see how that effects me. I am still very swollen, black and blue and my belly button area is very tender. Hope this is normal. I have been back for a check up and he said all was okay and to eat what I could tolerate. I do drink some coffee. Also eat jello and make sure I take my pills. I have just started adding turkey burgers, green beans, peas, etc. I probably really need a fill as I seem to be able to eat most anything. Although I did fudge and eat part of a turnover and got a little sick. I have lost 11lbs but I know if I keep eating this way the weight loss will start. Good Luck Hannah

Congratulations Hanna you are doing great thats almost a lb a day keep it up. It's so nice you can drink coffee I had to wait 3 months but it was worth it. You should get full a lot faster after your fill. Let us know how it goes. :cool: Tom

Thanks

I have a fill scheduled for the 28th. My Dr. will be leaving for 3 weeks shortly after that - hope all is okay. I am anxious to see how I handle the fill. My stomach is still bruised and swollen so I pray all is okay. If it continues I will have to call the office. Thanks for the support. Hannah

Back