• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Late May Lapband Revision to gastric bypass

I read your intro and knew that I had to jump in here! I've been meaning to introduce myself after lurking on this site for awhile for information and have found most everyone to be very helpful and supportive. I am having a similar procedure with my surgery date a few days before you, May 18th. My band was placed in 2009 and I started having gastric reflux at night in 2020. I finally went back to the bariatric office that placed my band Sept 2021 and the port had flipped so they couldn't do any additional adjustments and the band needs to be removed. It was not a good tool for me for weight loss. After further contemplation and getting the reflux under control, I have decided on the gastric bypass as well and am also having my diseased gallbladder removed at the same time. We can be kindred spirit surgery buddies, I hope!
Wow! Very similar! Yes we can be!

Remembers my first gall bladder attack totally no fun. Laying on floor writhing in pain while doing home care for Alzheimer’s and cardiac couple. Still embarrassing to think about. May you find relief.
Oh how terrible. My surgeon informed me yesterday that my gallbladder will stay. He said for now, the tests do not show any problems.

Back