• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Let’s talk about expectations

I hope that did not come off as preachy or against self-improvement, by any means including surgical. I mean I had WLS so obviously I'm not against elective surgery! I was not/am not judging anyone, My post was more a commentary on the way society affects our self esteem. And not meant to be commentary on anyone else's decisions.

My current thoughts are that it's not in my best interest, financially or health wise. BUT if they did an outpatient mini-KNEE lift, I'd be there, credit card in hand LOL
Absolutely not at all! I never thought that for a moment! Obviously, I feel a little weird about even considering getting them done, because if they weren't so uneven they wouldn't be getting done, if that makes any sense.

I want to have my breasts reduced because I lost weight asymmetrically and they are mostly just hanging skin anyway. After I get my mini face lift, that is the first thing on my list of things to do. My husband is willing to let me have the whole body done, but I have to wait a while before is even be eligible for that, and I don't know if I'd want that. It's sweet of him to offer, because I know he doesn't care. He thinks I'm the sexiest thing he's ever seen just the way I am!

At the beginning of my journey, I did not have a weight loss goal. I just figured I'd know when I'd get there. At my 6-month postop visit, my surgeon advised me not to lose anymore weight as my BMI was 24, and due to my blood pressure issues, they don't want me dropping extra weight. So I'm happy with my current weight at 145 lbs. I just hope I can maintain it.

The other night I was soaking in the tub and my husband came in and sat down and started talking to me - keep in mind I have NOT been to the bathroom ALONE in over 30 years. No one and I mean no one needs to talk to me until I go to the bathroom. - Any way I made a comment about not having any boobs left - my lovely husband who has a serious death wish - said baby you have no boobs at all now, you're ALL nipple. Funny thing is he is right. I've never had big boobs but now I truly am Nipple woman! I'm OK with that.

We all have to find ways to be comfortable in our own skin - even with wrinkly knees, all nipples, flabby butt cheeks, giggly thighs - all of it. I'm living my best life right now. I'll be wearing a bikini on vacation - and everyone will see all my wiggly bits and thats OK. Love yourselves for all that you've accomplished ladies - and dudes. We've totally earned it!!!

All the boob change talk makes me think of this mornings story in my house. My 5 year old asked me why I needed a "boobie holder" as she calls it. So I decided to let my humor out and show her....which further solidified that my boobs are nothing but skin....

I told her, "because if I don't then this happens" to which I proceeded to lean forward and swung them from side to side...it gave new mean to "do you boobs hang low, do they wobble to and fro." Probably the first time post surgery i have found humor and contentment with my new body. Additionally the giggle my kiddo had has been up lifting throughout the day.

Back