• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Liquid Diet Vent

All surgeons require the liquid diet. One who has been eating significantly fatty foods will have a fatty liver and it is necessary to have that liver detoxified and reduced in size. One cannot abuse the body with food and expect to not have consequences when you remove the fatty foods. Come on you have to pay the price if you want to loose the weight.

Surgeons can differ. I was not put on a liquid diet pre-op. My surgeon's requirement was that I loose 10% of my starting weight, which I did on a low carb, high protein diet. Post surgery, Before surgery, my nutritionist's focus was to get me accustomed to eating healthy for life.

I have 2 days left on this liquid diet before my single anastomosis duodenal switch surgery. I have 5 shakes a day of the brand required by my surgeon. That's right a specific brand. They are the most awful shakes in history. I literally want to vomit every single time I have to drink one. I'm allowed to have as much sugar free jello (i don't care for jello but it's actually filling when you really need something in the middle of the day), sugar free popsicles (fyi... they make sugar free Bomb Pops now.... love them), crystal light, and as much bullion as I want. The last 3 are keeping me hydrated and when someone tells me prior to surgery i can have as many sugar free popsicles as i want.... I bought 6 boxes im not even going to pretend I didnt. Either way I have 2 days left of these shakes and after 3 weeks im a so freaking glad.

I have 2 days left on this liquid diet before my single anastomosis duodenal switch surgery. I have 5 shakes a day of the brand required by my surgeon. That's right a specific brand. They are the most awful shakes in history. I literally want to vomit every single time I have to drink one. I'm allowed to have as much sugar free jello (i don't care for jello but it's actually filling when you really need something in the middle of the day), sugar free popsicles (fyi... they make sugar free Bomb Pops now.... love them), crystal light, and as much bullion as I want. The last 3 are keeping me hydrated and when someone tells me prior to surgery i can have as many sugar free popsicles as i want.... I bought 6 boxes im not even going to pretend I didnt. Either way I have 2 days left of these shakes and after 3 weeks im a so freaking glad.

I thought I was going to have my surgery rescheduled and I didn’t start my liquid diet 2 weeks before,later on it was confirmed to be on the 29th of this month and my doctor told me it was okay to start that day, (which was a Tuesday) 5 days before my surgery.

Back