• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking for some July surgery buddies!

dking3284

Hey Everyone,

I am scheduled to have Gastric Bypass on thr 22nd and I'm hoping to meet some people that are having their surgeries close to mine, so we can support each other through this experience!

If anyone has recently had their surgery or is scheduled to have it soon, please add me to your friend list!

Thanks!
Dana :eek:)

Hi Dana,
I am having my surgery on surgery on July 18th, Gastric Bypass. I am excited but nervous too. Just think how we'll look and feel so much better in time for the holidays:eek:)

I had my RNY (gastric by-pass) last October, so I'll be here to cheer you on and to let you know that it can be done. I'm down 160+ in the past nine months and I feel great. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Frank

:cool:

My surgery date is July 30 SO far the high protein low carb diet sucks!!! Not a big meat person- like my fruits, veggies and pizza and pretzels!!! Very grumpy and my FB friends suck at support!!! Help.....

Last edited:
Tammi, I start my liquid diet on Monday and I'm in panic mode! We can support each other! I'll add you to be friend list!

July 16th for me, and I am on day 5 of my semi liquid diet and so far so good. I am however experiencing mini meltdowns on a regular basis and I keep 2nd guessing my decision to have the surgery! Is anyone else going through this?

Im still at the high protein low carb phase- my date is July 30- but yes gal I have mini meltdowns and hot flashes and mood swings!!! Arg!!!! My poor husband and even my dog whom I never yell at is getting her fair share :( Youre farther than I am- so just hang in there - we will all be ok in the end!!!!

Aw I wish I was at that point!! But on nine- I do 2 shakes for a meal and then have a reg meal- its this high protein low carb diet that is making me sick!!! Yes lets support each other!! You go girl!! You can do this and so can I!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I have been having some second thoughts about my surgery too. I am going to go through with it, but I keep fearing the worst will happen and my kids will be left without a mother.

well my kids are all grown - though my middle one 30 is lazy and had 2 kids with a gal hes no loner with but for now they have to live together and she is one crazy- and my youngest 28 lives back at home and then there is my oldest the lawyer whom chosen not to talk to me- so I don't care if my kids no longer would have a mother- that's the leasst of my worries!!

I also am scheduled for July 16th. My program doesn't have me doing liquid anything before hand and I so pleased!! I just have to do a no carb diet of 1200 calories for a week. However, I can only imagine what you must be going through. Just remember it is only for a short period of time. Do NOT give up or second guess your self! You can do it!!

Kelly

Hi Dana! I am having mine July 15! Looking for same thing. SUPPORT!!! Will add you and stay in touch. DREAMZ...I have meltdowns about every other day. This pre-op dieting is a true test to ones will power.

Looking forward to new friendships--<3 Dana G. :)

July 24th here. Gastric Bypass. I can't wait!! I will be starting my full liquid diet July 15th. I have started with protein shakes for breakfast to get me use to the taste. Anyone have a favorite brand? I am using UnJury, which is the best tasting so far. I have tried EAS, Designer, GNC brand, it all repulses me. But the UnJury isn't too bad. Although the unflavored made me gag, so I need to stick to the flavored kind.

I am using BetterMD. They have good flavor if you like shakes(not me..so makes it even harder)! They are pricey but needed for pre-op diet. Definitely won't be using post-op!
I too, second guessed my surgery! I think I told my husband daily that I would cancel it! But, it's now less than a week away...Think I'll just stick it out!
!

Back