• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking forward to after surgery.....?

RedMama

I am a chef. I am around food constantly. I have enjoyed many good meals (obviously). I was an average sized chef when I first started out 20 years ago but 6 children later and Mama gained some weight.
IS it strange that I'm seeing pictures of food and recipes and I'm looking forward to NOT being able to eat them? I'm actually excited that I won't be eating these particular things in the coming future. Am I weird? :p

I am a chef. I am around food constantly. I have enjoyed many good meals (obviously). I was an average sized chef when I first started out 20 years ago but 6 children later and Mama gained some weight.
IS it strange that I'm seeing pictures of food and recipes and I'm looking forward to NOT being able to eat them? I'm actually excited that I won't be eating these particular things in the coming future. Am I weird? :p

No your not weird. You're just prob tired of being overweight as am I. I love eating delicious food but the key to all this is stop eating when you are full. Your new size tummy will be very tiny. Mine held 2 oz. - Two ounces of anything will not make you stay or become fat. My surgeon said I can eat anything as long as I dont stretch my pouch. When you take your food portions, you probably will take more on your plate than you can eat. Don't take that extra bite or two because it tastes so good. Wrap it up and save it for later. I was brought up not to throw food away. I used to clean my plate even when I was super full. So now I just save it for another meal. It works for me.

Good luck on your surgery!!!

Cheyenne

Back