• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Low Ferritin

Dcepello

Just because I have low iron, they want me to get my butt scanned. Well they're right about one thing, that's where I keep my junk!

Last edited:
HeeHee....Junk in the trunk! But you did loose me on the iron and butt scanning. How are they related? ~Kelly~

The way they put it to me is they can't tell if my low iron is do to Mal-absorption due to the weight loss surgery or due to a polyp or a malignancy. Oh joy, huh? So the Colonoscopy is to cover the bases.

I am not overly concerned though; I have had low iron issues in the past but, I would rather be safe than sorry. I have been taking the extra iron supplements now for a week and I must say, I do feel less fatigued at the end of the day. So some good has come out of this already.

Thank you clearing that up for me! :) Hopefully the scope will show nothing and it will be an easy and quick fix for you!! Nothing but good thoughts are headed your way!

I also have had to go on and off the dreaded iron pills. I don't eat any red meat which they say is a good source of iron. I eat lot's of green veggies though. Glad you are feeling better. I kind of figured out when I am low based on how I feel. Being my own doc. Had my first colonoscopy after putting it off for 8 years. Was told to come back in 10 years. YA!

I also have had to go on and off the dreaded iron pills. I don't eat any red meat which they say is a good source of iron. I eat lot's of green veggies though. Glad you are feeling better. I kind of figured out when I am low based on how I feel. Being my own doc. Had my first colonoscopy after putting it off for 8 years. Was told to come back in 10 years. YA!

I had colonoscopy eight years ago and Hemoccult test two years ago and I was clean both times. But I had sever back pain ten years ago and I treated myself with nsaids and over did it, they caused a bleed in my IG track and I was diagnosed with anemia back then. I'm sure this is a malabsorption issue. I'm not eating any red meats or that many greens for that matter. And there is no reason to stress until I find out differently. So far I haven't had any problems with the extra iron and vitamin C in fact I've become more regular taking them. Thanks for your comments Kim.

Back