• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Missing my fat or Muscle Tone??

This is so true for me. One bite of anything with flour or sugar and I am craving crazy things. I have to stay away. When I do have something it is a battle to get back on track.

Don't get me wrong, I love carbs! However, I have purpose right now and hopefully it stays with me. This is still the honeymoon phase so I am in weight loss mode. The real challenge comes later when we reach our "maintenance weight" and I have to maintain.

I believe I will have retrained my habits enough that I will continue to stay within the 1200 to 1500 calorie a day range, which will keep me from gaining weight. I will continue to make sure I get plenty of protein, which is the hunger quencher.

But I will also enjoy some carbs. I cannot allow it to get out of control anymore. Right now, the small stomach also is a factor in keeping everything under control. As my portions increase I will have to be careful to continue to journal, which is my main weapon in staying AWARE and ACCOUNTABLE.

Ralph

Back