• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Monthly Challenge

Hello all. I am currently stuck at the high end of my weight allowance. I am not getting enough exercise nor am I focusing on protein as I should. So, I'm starting a thread to hold myself accountable. My goals is to get back to my low weight, which for me means tracking. Water, protein, exercise, weekly weight fluctuation.
I'll post my numbers tomorrow.

It is so easy to slip into old routines. Life gets busy and yes time gets away from us. It is hard to cook for others and know you can’t have it, no fun. I know you can do this. For me my challenge is to eat three protein meals and three snacks a day, in between all my projects. Drink I have no problem I freeze half bottles to take with me topped off so I always have something cold to sip/drink on. Well off to figure out my day. Thinks I may play with water and clean the winter pillows.

Someone just posted on my FB support group about doing a pouch reset. I don’t know why they call it that, but here it is. Just an idea.

Thank you. But I have to say, I am not into the idea of pouch resets. There is nothing wrong with my pouch and, like most restrictive diets, the second you go back to eating regular, the weight comes back.

I try to follow my (never been overweight) uncle's way of eating. When he puts on a few pounds he gets "tomatoes instead of potatoes" . Or basically, if you put on a few, make a few healthy exchanges. I am just looking to get to my lower average weight instead of my higher.

I just find the accountability of posting it helpful at times. If I post my protein and exercise, I'm more likely to focus there.

July 5
Protein: I stopped tracking after 64 oz but had more
Water: close to 70 oz if not more but probably sweat twice that much
Weight: 185.8
Activity: I was very active yesterday! Got up and cleaned up a ton of firework debris from around our house. By that time the heat index was already close to 100. Last night my daughter and I went to a production of Mary Poppins at the big outdoor theater in St.Louis called the Muny. Lots of walking between parking and finding out seats. We ate too much sugar, but I kept up on my water. Not sure if the play was supposed to run 3 hours but we got home at midnight. I was definitely not as cute as a pumpkin getting home at midnight after while sweating for hours LOL

July 5th

Water 112oz
Protein 50gs
Exercise walking

I've been increasing my water intake to closer to 128ozs daily. This includes Metamucil 2X daily, 2 spoonfuls each, mixed with 2 8oz cups of water. I do the Metamucil on an empty stomach each time. This has helped my digestion immensely, and I do feel fuller throughout the day. I began doing this several weeks ago after a weight-loss stall. It has helped me get back on track; I finally broke into the 160s and have not slipped backwards.

I definitely do not recommend drinking Metamucil for anyone who recently had WLS bc psyllium fiber is quite a bit harsher for newly healing stomachs and intestines than Benefiber, which I began taking 2 weeks before surgery and continued daily until I switched to Metamucil.

July 6th
Not much tracking today-tracked lunch but that was it. Not a horrible day of eating though
No activity-I was really exhausted still from my late night.

July 7th
Yesterday was more of a popsicle and water day for me. It was humid and real food was out. I did have some protein but not much. I also wasn't really tracking.
Water 128+ (4 1/2 ish 32oz glasses)
No exercise.

Back