• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Monthly Challenge

July 21
I had dinner out, which I never log because who really knows, if you're not eating at a chain.
But, I was at 64 protein w/o dinner.
74oz water
30 minute bike ride
When I eat out, I try the best I can just to get an idea. Plus, I add in a serving of oil too because we all know they ALL use extra oils unless it is a salad or something fresh.
I went to a place and ordered a side of broccoli, thinking broccoli is always safe..NOPE. Luckily I only ate 1 bite because when I went to log it the restaurant came up and it was a 195 calorie serving of broccoli!!! It had so much butter, which is why I only ate 1 bite, I knew as soon as I started chewing. I learned now, to now order plain without any butter. haha

OMG! That is obscene for broccoli. I used to just pick the worst one for whatever food I ate out at a restaurant. Now that I'm just maintaining and don't actually need to track, I skip it. I faithfully tracked daily for the first year, several days week for the 2nd. Now, if I hit my self-assigned high weight (I allow a 5lb fluctuation) then I track for a few days.

I did not track yesterday but know I had a great day. Ate high protein all day, picked blueberries at a local farm, so I got lots of exercise. And it was hot, so I drank close to 100oz of water.

Now, today, I baked blueberry muffins and scones, so .. not such a great day lol
I do reduce sugar and fat in all baking.And I have frozen the majority of the results.

Today I got my meals in adequate spaced time frames and the only thing I didn’t get was third meal but drank 15 gram protein water instead. Everything I drank today kept leaking on my face and running into my eyes, I swear if I was the wicked witch of the west I would have been melting, my clothes were drenched when I took them off. Now I am indulging in my fruits for fiber. Mmmm watermelon chunks. A nectarine and an orange. I fixed the leaky hose for husband’s tomato plants. I got the last hose/extension cord hook up. Went around the railing adding missing screws. Friend helped remove the metal edging from around the patio so I can stop trying to trip and break or injure myself. Checked all the solar lights around the pool. Some were not working and I found an on off switch, imagine that. Anchored the solar lights on the upper deck, added three solar lights to the landing. I took water for analysis. Added the recommended chemicals. By 8 pm the water was clear and the phosphates were settling on the bottom the way they are supposed to. Tomorrow I can waste vac and then play in the pool. Unless I am leveling ground for the pool shed steps and pavers to the patio. Other option is work on the glider frame sanding it for painting or working on the boards drilling the holes to put it together. Depends on how hot I get.

Good gosh, Roni! You make me feel like a bum lol
I didn't track yesterday either .. All those scones!! But, I'm down another half pound so, it must've been okay. I'm currently in a great place mentally, weight wise. Its weird how sometimes I'm so paranoid about regain and other times I think I'm doing great. Even when my weight is pretty much the same. It's just a mental thing.

Fell off railroad tie at the pool and landed on left elbow and side. Stayed outside to vacuum the pool to waste until I ran out of water. Added some more shock and turned on the hose with alarm set to turn it off. Laying down right now kinda tender. Food wise I am on track. Water wise just started second 30 oz cup.

good morning everyone,
not sure if this thread is active but glad to see it here. my name is lisa. i had gastric sleeve march 7,2017. i went from 425 to 197. covid hit and i am now dealing with regain. i am back to working out , getting my protein in, water and vitamins/calcium. will check in here tomorrow. looking forward to meeting all of you.

good morning everyone,
not sure if this thread is active but glad to see it here. my name is lisa. i had gastric sleeve march 7,2017. i went from 425 to 197. covid hit and i am now dealing with regain. i am back to working out , getting my protein in, water and vitamins/calcium. will check in here tomorrow. looking forward to meeting all of you.
I don't think it is active as it is from July and no posts since. They start new monthly challenge threads every so often though. Or, you could start one yourself.
Congratulations on your weight loss and Good luck getting back on track!

Back