• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

must have gastric sleeve surgery first both hips need to be replaced.

They already look so much better Diane. And PS - love the new signature quote, so freaking true!
It was a tie between that one and this one:

Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.

Carl Gustav Jung

And actually there are so many good ones I'm going to have to be make a new signature making a new signature files for all my email accounts 4 a year too!

C.G. Jung Quotes (Author of Memories, Dreams, Reflections)

The first quote on that page is perfect to describe how we become more than we were by being part of this support group together.

Meranda, I love your voice & am so glad you jumped in. One of the men who molested me in childhood was also a minister, but I had to keep being exposed to him because he was also the town cobbler and we had to make our shoes last a long time. Oh, and he had a candy counter in front of the store and his home was in the back. He molested me and at least one of my sisters, right in front of his wife, who sat there knitting, while holding us tight on his lap. The other one was a young man from my church. But I didn't blame God for them. That would have required much more sophisticated thinking than I could express, and I couldn't even explain it to my Mom or Dad because I didn't know what those parts were called "down there." However, my Dad did catch the second one in the act. He was luring us girls into barns and outbuildings on our farm & the one next door and managed to digitally violate us and demonstrate his anatomy. Someone ran & told Dad, who came back with a stick and just wailed on the guy, then dragged him to his house to tell his family what he'd done. I happened to be laying in a manger, no kidding, that's where he lured me, then ran when he heard the commotion, so I just hid there, thinking I was in trouble.

Sexual molestation is a big contributor to obesity, among other things that go wrong later. I was only about 8 years old & never told anyone until I was a teen, when I confided in my cousin Mary. I don't think religion is ever a factor in pedophilia, even when a minister is doing it. Another man who molested another sister was the man who used to deliver baked goods, Wonder Bread, no less, and he was a friend of my Dad's. He gave us bread that would be stale, at the end of his deliveries. About 15 years later, he took a shotgun to his head while his son was in the next room. It's stunning sometime how tragic life is, and how unnecessary that tragedy is. I've never gotten over it because it stole something from me I could never get back, and it took years and a lot of research and writing about the crime to get to the point where I could turn it from a wound to a scar. I think it should be a capital crime, but there's always a chance the accused might not be guilty, so it never will be.

You're a valuable contributor to our group and I'm so glad you have a center of faith in your life.
I was always terrified something would happen to my daughter. I warned her all the time from when she was little about the x spots on your body to growing up. I was also raped at 16 by my cousin, people ask me how that could happen? I just walk the other way because what a stupid question to ask! My daughter unfortunately was raped about three years ago. I have tried hard to get the guys name because I swore no one would ever hurt my girl. I know his mom unfortunately and she’s so sweet and owns her own business that I use to buy from all the time. I can’t even walk in there now because I’m afraid of what I might ask her.
my mom found the babysitter and my parents new of the preachers son, but did nothing. The only reason they left was because the place we lived at became very all the sudden and they decided to move us far away from that. So sad. I am so sorry you went through all of that! No one should have to! It’s sickening! Like you said it causes major problems! I have a lot of problems between that and how my childhood was. I honestly believe that is why I do fight my obesity.

You did a great job! Diane is your name? The plants are beautiful where you have them by your picture window w the blinds!
Thank you for responding to my post.
You're very well read it sounds like too!
I'm happy about the counseling or anger resolution, w the holy man.
Everything works out!
It's late. So I'll write again soon.
On my 2 week pre op diet!

Diane, I'm new to this site today. I've already read several of your posts. What a horrible tornado of events you have been experiencing, esp. your son's behavior. I have depression also, but right now it's managed pretty well with Viibryd and Abilify. I'm having sleeve surgery on 1/21/20. Two weeks away. What an adventure awaits. I have no great words of wisdom, but am sending support vibes your way. Mary
Hi Mary!
I'm Lori from Kansas City.
Looks as if we're having surgery on the same day. Jan. 21, 2020.
I'm also having the sleeve!
We'll keep in touch. Good luck!

Back