• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My husband hates my new body, not attracted to me

I have to be honest here. This REALLY bugs me. I have had the surgery AND my husband has had the surgery. So, I have seen the body changes both on own body and on his. It took me much longer to get used to the changes in my own body.
(Anyone who's been here for a while knows my saggy knees give me anxiety lol)

I both love and like my husband. He's awesome. Anything he does to increase the quality and span of his life has 1000% got my vote. He will always be sexy to me because again .. He's awesome. Thankfully, he feels exactly the same about me.

And for the record, the sexiest man alive could also very easily become repugnant by .. well, being a repugnant human being.

So, this topic just screams bullshit to me. "He resents me for putting all of my effort into weight loss" ?!? "You've chosen your surgery over me"?!?! So, what exactly? Is she supposed to remain at an unhealthy weight? Shorten her life span so she can be hot TO YOU?

What is she loses a leg to diabetes? Or becomes maimed in a car accident? Loses her hair and 50lbs due to Chemo? There are a million things that can change your appearance. Time, for example. What happens when she gets older? Does he think grey hair and wrinkles are a betrayal?

Ladies, you deserve deep and abiding love. A love that is grateful you're finally focusing on your health and well being. A love that is willing to do whatever it takes to help you reach your goals. And love that respects your decisions. And maybe even appreciates the fact that healthier you can *ride* as long as the carnival keeps the equipment up.

Back