• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My latest appointment with my Bariatric Surgeon......

P_Powell

:)The Dr is very well pleased with my progress. I have dropped from 319 to 284.6 a total of 35 pounds. I no longer have to crush my medicines and place in Applesauce,but rather swallow one pill every 5 minutes. I was glad to hear that because crushed medicines in my food,made my food have a very foul taste.I complained to him that much of the time I feel weak,He smiles and told me I probably will till Easter. He explained I had a major surgery on my stomach,plus due to a previous abdominal surgery I had a ton of scar tissue he had to remove so I won't have an abundance of energy for quite a while. He suggested that I start taking B complex vitamin as it may help with my energy level,not a written promise,but it might help.I was asked by Pat99 about the reason I wasn't allowed to take in powdered whey protein from day 1. I was told it is because the stomach is what you might say kinda raw from surgery,and they wanted to take no chances in a powdered protein clumping up and causing a blockage so he preferred a liquid protein diet for my first seven days after surgery. I can start taking in a little bit of meat Sept 30th as long as it is pureed. In October a month from my surgery date he said to progress on to stage three diet. The next appointment will be in December if all goes well. All in all I was very and am very pleased,and losing 35 pounds feels super great. Hope you all have a wonderful evening.:D

Wow! That's a heck of a weight loss in a very short period of time. Congratulations.

Limiting to clear fluids only (there are clear proteins) seems to be fairly common. My son's surgeon had him on clear fluids for the first two weeks post-op.

I hope you're pleased with yourself. You deserve to be.

That is wonderfull, keep it up. That makes sence now about the powdered protien I knew he would have a good reason but I couldn't have guessed that LOL:D I remember being tired for the first couple of month but Easter is a long time I hope the B complex helps. :cool: Tom

Back