• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Nausea

CarolF5

Greetings;

Well about 8pm I had a Premier Protein RTD to try it out and then I waited for 45 minutes and then had about 1/4 teaspoon of mashed banana-boy that is not sitting well at all on the tummy-still. Earlier I spit up (around 10:30pm) what looked like the premier protein.
I waited for 40 minutes and then tried to get a couple of sips of water and now my bottom of my throat feels like it wants to come up.
I have never had anything like this before.

Carol

Hi Carol,

When that happens to me I sip clear liquids for about three or four hours after vomiting. I have some hot tea which seems to help. I have been eating scrambled eggs since about six weeks after surgery and now they make me sick so I had to stop them. Also, if things are too cold I tend to get nauseated and it comes right back up. That includes my shakes. I really like the premier (30 Gram) shakes. I have to let my water sit out for a while to get to room temperature. Of course if it continues you may need to contact your MD and get something for it. Joy

It continued and so I called my Nurse on my Team. She says I am having a dumping episode. Figures. She put me on clear liquids today and full liquids tomorrow. Well, I learned my lesson today.

Carol

It continued and so I called my Nurse on my Team. She says I am having a dumping episode. Figures. She put me on clear liquids today and full liquids tomorrow. Well, I learned my lesson today.

Carol

So that is what dumping feels like?? Good to know. Who would have thought one shake and 1/4 tsp of banana could cause that. Hope you feel better!

Hope you start to feel better. Hugs...Thanks for describing what this episode was; as we are all learning along the way. I have tried applesauce with pears and Bear creek creamy potato soup made with flakes and so far so good. Went to the store tonight to buy Campbell bean with bacon healthy request on the label; so far so good. Has lots of protein. I also bought split pea. I was told to try carnation instant breakfast with out sugar added with dry nonfat milk powder on my plan of stage 2. They are so sweet tasting; it gags me. I have noticed anything sweet is heightened for example crystal light packets to go are split in half. I go in for my 2wk apt. on Tuesday already. I better do some serious walking over the wkd in between all my homework of reading ugh.

It was the banana- pouchie wasn't ready for it my surgeon said. I am feeling alot better. And wiser. We learn quick.

Carol

Hi Kari
I'm with you I can't stand the sweetness of Crystal light ... blech! I finally bought some decaf tea and made iced tea unsweetened only with real lemon ... very good. I have to have it iced cold though. Not into the room temps for my drinks.

Back