• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Nervous and excited need encouragement!

Like you I have a buttload of kids too. Five girls to be exact. I don’t remember being scared of the surgery. I was more apprehensive about NOT having the surgery.

My kids are 32, 30, 20, 19, 18. I spent so many years just watching them enjoy life from the sidelines. Have parties, play baseball, softball, soccer, volleyball, and basketball - my weight along with medical issues prevented me from interacting with all of those things. I had 2 girls that were seriously into dance. They were always on the school programs - they did a mom and me dance recital when they were in 8th grade. Their oldest sister went in my place. They had fun but it truly bothered me that I wasn’t able to do that with them.

I started my WLS journey in July of 2019. I had surgery in January of 2020. I get to participate in life now. That makes all of the fear, anxiety, and other feelings truly pale in comparison to what you get in the end.

Fear is ok. Just don’t let it deter you from the new amazing life journey you’re on! It’s truly worth it! Your kids will actually benefit from your surgery - you get to love your life not observe it from the sidelines! Best of luck to you!!

Like you I have a buttload of kids too. Five girls to be exact. I don’t remember being scared of the surgery. I was more apprehensive about NOT having the surgery.

My kids are 32, 30, 20, 19, 18. I spent so many years just watching them enjoy life from the sidelines. Have parties, play baseball, softball, soccer, volleyball, and basketball - my weight along with medical issues prevented me from interacting with all of those things. I had 2 girls that were seriously into dance. They were always on the school programs - they did a mom and me dance recital when they were in 8th grade. Their oldest sister went in my place. They had fun but it truly bothered me that I wasn’t able to do that with them.

I started my WLS journey in July of 2019. I had surgery in January of 2020. I get to participate in life now. That makes all of the fear, anxiety, and other feelings truly pale in comparison to what you get in the end.

Fear is ok. Just don’t let it deter you from the new amazing life journey you’re on! It’s truly worth it! Your kids will actually benefit from your surgery - you get to love your life not observe it from the sidelines! Best of luck to you!!
Aww thanks Tracy. You're right. I've gotta.keep my "why# when things are tough. Thank you! And that's awesome that you have 5 kids!

Hey Everyone! Just got back home from hospital! Doing well so far but good grief it hurts more than I thought it would! There is a gnawing burning pain inside my stomach and the ports all hurt if I breathe in deep, cough or twist. Drs were worried for a second because all of my bloodwork kept coming up wonky for awhile and they couldn't sende home till the platelets were stabilized. Sent me home with lovenox Injections for 2 weeks too! Everyone was so nice too!
So happy to hear from you, yes coughing is tricky. Sneezing worse, my body thankfully waited until today for me to sneeze lol
Be sure to rest, rest rest tge first few days until your pain is manageable. I think some pain needs movement to go away but first 2-3 days home I gave myself to rest and learn my new journey
Feel better, keep us posted! Hugs!!

Tracy! I love you!! You explain my reason better than I ever could!

Ok friends! It's here! Surgery is on Wednesday. Tuesday is bowel prep day (woohoo!)!
I'm freaking out. I have a blood clot disorder and guess what I'm scared of?! A freaking post surgery blood clot. I have 4 kids and I keep thinking about their sweet little faces and what would happen if I died and just all of that kind of terrible anxiety stuff.
I will be on blood thinner injections for the week or 2 after the surgery....but I just need those last pushes of encouragement and prayers and cheerleading before Wednesday. Cause I'm FREAKING OUT!
Prayers going up!!!

Back