• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New, 1 mth out, from NC

PPP

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to join up and hopefully add support as well as receive it. I'm from NC. Had RNY with Dr. Hoxworth from Central Carolina Surgery on 4/9/13. Most days good but still trying to get energy back and not fall into unrealistic expectations. My need is to simply be thankful for each baby step on this journey!~PPP

Hi, I'm in NC also. I haven't been on the site in about a year, so I consider myself new too. Congratulations on your surgery. From looking at your stats it looks like you've been losing well. How was your surgery and recovery experience? Are you "bouncing back" pretty well? My surgery date is June 10. I was all set for surgery last August but another health issue showed itself at the last minute and my surgery had to be cancelled 2 days before. Now that my other issue is under control, I am all set to go again. My pre-op is next week, so fingers crossed that all goes well so there are no more setbacks. Congrats again and hang in there!
-Jenny

Welcome PPP, I am pretty sure that you are going to love the people on here! Everyone is at different stages, so there is always somebody out there that can relate! My surgery is going to be sometime in July. I go back to the Dr. tomorrow and I am hoping to get a better idea of a date at this appt. Be sure to keep us updated on your progress! :)

Newbie here.

I had my surgery on 4/3/13. This is my 1st week back to work and may I say exhausted. Still building the stamina back.

I have lost 34lbs and feel awesome. I seem to have hit a plateau for about a week. Guessing my body is responding to being fed again. :) However, I am losing inches. Today I put the scale away and I will peek in on it only once a week. For every 25lbs I loose, I treat my self to something. I have my eye on a new watch.

Congratulations, PPP. It will be a lifelong journey, but you will be so glad you did it. I am 8+ months out, have lost 124 pounds since surgery and still have a ways to go.

Dreamz64, congratulations on your surgery date. I know you will do well.

BUD8SGIRL, You are doing great! As you lose, you will need s many new things - clothes, wedding rings, shoes... Everything changes!

Congrats to all of you on your surgery, date and your progress. You're all doing a great job. Sherlee, you're making great progress, soon you'll be a BIG LOSER. PPP, the biggest thing to remember is to stick to your plan and the weight will come off. This is a great tool, but it is no magic pill. You're off to a great start. Dreamz, your journey is about to start, ask all the questions you can. It will be helpful.

Frank

:cool:

Hi everyone,
I tried to post a few days ago, but it didn't show up for me so hopefully this one will make it through. Congrats to you all on your surgeries and progress so far, and also to those of us who have upcoming surgeries. I was so excited to see a few posters from NC. I'm also in NC, the triangle area. I've been off the boards for about a year now. I was scheduled for surgery last August and after I had a health issue come up, my surgery was cancelled. I was just recently cleared by my doctors and am all set for June 10th! PPP(and anyone else who would offer any input), how was your hospital/recovery experience. Are you recovering as quickly as you had hoped? I have 2 little ones and I'm wondering how long it will be before I'll be okay with them on my own. Thanks for the help and keep up the great work.

Back