• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New and happy to be here!

Hi everyone! My name is Lindsay, and I will be having the gastric sleeve on 10/17/12. I'm so excited! I'm currently on day 6 of my two week, pre-surgical, all liquid diet. It's actually going pretty well and isn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I'm so excited to have found this group. I've started reading through the threads, and I can't wait to learn more and connect with everyone!

I also blog about my experience/life in general. Join me there too! http://thejourneytohalf.blogspot.com/

Hi I'm also new here and so glad to have found you all , I'm at the end of my education classes i have one more left then will submit for insurance approval. The closest support group is a hour away for me so you will be my life line.

Hi Lindsay! Im Lindsay! Welcome to the board. I love your blog! Great idea.....good luck on the upcoming surgery, i cant wait for just a date!

Hi Rhonda and (other) Lindsay! I can totally relate-- the waiting was the worst! I felt like all of the requirements and testing before submitting to insurance would never end, but looking back it seems like time has flown by. I started this whole process in February, and I can't believe that I'll actually be having my surgery next week! I can't wait to hear how things go for you both, and I'll definitely keep everyone updated on me! :)

Welcome to the newbies. Keep us updated on your progress. Best of luck Lindsay on your surgery next week. Waiting can be hard as I know it feels like you want to get on with your new life. Good news. You already have by making the decision to have WLS. My advice, use the time to find out everything you can and have things prepared for when you get home.

Hi Lindsay, Welcome. Keep up the god work on the liquid diet, and make sure to let us know how you are doing, that was the hardest part for me. :cool: Tom

Back