• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New from Michigan

Hi Everyone: My name is Mary, I live in Michigan and today it is very snowy and cold... I have just started my journey. I went to see doctor last week, and this week and next have a lot of test. Did sleep test, and today and tommorow have test on my heart. Next week I get a scoop of stomach. and then get to see the physic. And doctor again. Hopefully they have heard something from my insurance by then. Getting excited, just don't want to be let down my insurance. Not sure which surgery I am having yet, either the RY or Sleeve. Guess my doctor will let me know. Nice to meet everyone and hope to hear from all of you. Take care.

Good luck and welcome to the group.

Which procedure do you prefer? Make certain you choose the one YOU want, not the one your doctor thinks is best, unless he has good reasons for choosing one over another for you. You are the one that has to live with the decision, not the doc.

I look forward to hearing about your adventure!

Agains, welcome.

Welcome Mary, My name is Kris. I just got my surgery date for Feb.8th. So excited. I am having the RNY bypass. I looked them all up on the internet...pros and cons and decided that the RNY was best for me. I agree with Letrell...you choose. Not the Doc. There are more complications with some of them. Enjoy your journey. I have been on the liquid protien shake diet for 3 weeks now waiting for approval. I have lost 20 lbs so far and still have almost 2 weeks to go. Keep in touch...the time goes quickly. You can do it!

Welcome Mary, My name is Kris. I just got my surgery date for Feb.8th. So excited. I am having the RNY bypass. I looked them all up on the internet...pros and cons and decided that the RNY was best for me. I agree with Letrell...you choose. Not the Doc. There are more complications with some of them. Enjoy your journey. I have been on the liquid protien shake diet for 3 weeks now waiting for approval. I have lost 20 lbs so far and still have almost 2 weeks to go. Keep in touch...the time goes quickly. You can do it!

Thanks Kris, and good luck on your surgery. Keep in touch and let me know how everything goes. Hoping right behind you.
Thanks Lettrel, I am not sure which one I want, the sleeve sound like recovery easier, but scard won't lose the weight. Where RY sounds like will lose and keep off.

Back