• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

NEW! Hello from Sunny California!

Sonya09

:eek: New to this site. I am post-op since Feb-28-2013; RNY bariatrics. I spent a lot time and energy getting to this point of weight loss and a healthier existance. All I can say is that slow and steady gets you there. My highest weight was 297, and comorbities added to a really sad existance. I got to 252 for my surgery date, and I only needed to be 260, which was great. Surgery was a dream, with no complications. As of today, I have seen my surgeon post-op as scheduled and in September coming up to my 6 month check-in. As of today, not offically, I am weighing in at 199# and feeling fine. Surgeon did not set a goal weight; he said, "just be healthy." I gave myself a personal goal, and I am working toward it too. Life is a work in progress! ;)

Nice! What part of Calif are you from, Me, I am from the Central Valley! It sounds like our start weight was pretty close! I go for my surgery, finally, on Aug 14. I will be having the same surgery. Seems like you are doing great! I am also fond of taking it slow... I think its less dramatic on your body! My "reality goal" is to just simply be under 200... which I have not been there in over 14yrs! Good luck at being a good loser! :)

Welcome Sonya, You've made great progress, congratulations! I look forward to any pearls of wisdom you can share, about your journey, with people who are new or struggling.

Welcome! Sounds like you are doing well. I had my surgery 2/25/13 and regret nothing. I'm down 70 lbs since surgery and am enjoying a more active, healthier life.

Hello! Sunny-Sacramento-California... and I had my surgery at Kaiser in South Sacramento in late Feburary 2013. Good to hear thing are going well for you too. I am trying to get use to the physical appearance change, because its been so long since I was in clothing sizes from teh "regular" racks. I keep asking my daughter if things look alright. I am so use to wearly big baggy cover ups like a security blanket.

Hello! Sunny-Sacramento-California... and I had my surgery at Kaiser in South Sacramento in late Feburary 2013. Good to hear thing are going well for you too. I am trying to get use to the physical appearance change, because its been so long since I was in clothing sizes from teh "regular" racks. I keep asking my daughter if things look alright. I am so use to wearly big baggy cover ups like a security blanket.
Soyna,

I have my procedure at Kaiser SSF and have a great experience with their whole program. Tell me about yours?

Hello: I did not have success in Kaiser SFF, and only went to Richmond once, or maybe my mind set needed more information for making things work better. I lived in the Bay Area but relocated to Sacramento. I did a 360 on finding something that was really going to help me, and things lead me back to getting RNY surgery. I felt that the South Sac system work really well for me, but don't get me wrong and they require the same and expect you to loose a percentage of your excess weigh too just like SSF Kaiser. This is not the easy way to loose the weight-for-life. The process this time around went like a breeze. I did exactly what was asked of me, even excerising by walking and the weigh reduced as stated. A really big effort on my part was sticking to the 1200 calorie diet, no Nutri systems, just real food helped a lot too. My comorbities had increased and I really wanted better health and a better life. I really wanted it! So these days is about "how bad do you want it?" and "Weigh (ha-ha) the worth.... eat only to live." I feel that Kaiser is the hard way to go but the best, and if they made it easy, they would see a lot of failing post-op and they do not. We come out of the training and education so solid in skills and understanding, so I think the process is great!

They do weed out the the uncommitted with a double dose of realism. I was very happy with my experience and results, nice to have you aboard.

Back