• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New Here

RondaMac

Hello everyone.

I was referred to your site by a friend, so I joined to look around.

My name is Ronda, I'm 62 years young, and live in Iowa. I have 2 sons and 2 grandsons.

I am just beginning to think about surgery. My doctor has recommended it. I'm waiting for Mayo to call me to arrange interview or tests or however they start the process.

Ronda

Hi RondaMac, Welcome to our forum. I am so glad that you have a physician that is concerned about your health. You have a wonderful family to be healthy for and they are looking forward to seeing you be active with them. You will learn so many things from this site. Go into various forums and read, soak up the advice that everyone is talking about from their personal experiences and remember that we are all different, so what works for one may not for another but you may get another idea that has work for another person. Personally, I have a pending Sleeve date of Dec 4th pending insurance approval and I have read many things posted by other who have gone before me and soaked up their information.
Remember to read everything that you can. Look at different vitamin supplements as well as liquid protein. You will find so much and it will be easy for you.
Please let us know if you need anything or have any questions, We are here for you just reach out and let us know.
KarenLB

Hi Ronda,Welcome!!! Everything Karen said is true about this site. I love it and I just joined yesterday. Sincerely, Carla

RondaMac WELCOME
WHAT OTHERS ARE TELLING YOU IS TRUE, I FOUND THIS SITE 10 MONTHS AGO AND THEY GOT ME THROUGH MY ANXIETY ANSWERED SO MANY ? I HAD AND STILL HAVE. I HAD MY SURGERY IN SEPT, SO I AM STILL IN THE HEALING PROCESS. PLEASE READ AS MUCH AS YOU CAN BECAUSE IT'S SO TRUE EACH OF US RESPOND DIFFERENTLY TO SURGERY AND THE TYPES ETC. HEALING HAS IT'S OWN SET OF ISSUES. THERE ARE LOTS OF CHANGES AND IF YOUR LIKE ME"FOOD" HAS BEEN YOUR BEST FRIEND , YOUR COMFORT YOUR STRESS RELIEVER ETC. WELL IT HAS TO TAKE A BACK SEAT IN YOUR LIFE ONCE YOU HAVE THE SURGERY CAUSE FOOD DOESN'T BRING THAT COMFORT ANYMORE, CAUSE THE LITTLE BIT YOU EAT, WELL IT'S TO HELP YOU SURVIVE. THEY SAY THIS WILL IMPROVE DOWN THE ROAD, SO IF THAT' TRUE, YEAH. I NEVER WANT TO GAIN THE WEIGHT BACK BUT THIS JOURNEY HAS BEEN A BIT ROUGH SO FAR. BUT WILL HANG IN THERE CAUSE I WANT TO BE HEALTHY AND THIN. I AM 56 SO THIS IS MY SECOND CHANCE IN LIFE TO GET IT RIGHT, CAUSE I AIN'T GETTING ANY YOUNGER.
WELCOME ABOARD!
dONNA

Hi RondaMac and welcome to the forum. This is a good forum with lots of helpful advice. Please be sure that this is what **YOU** want because it will be a lifelong change. Take as much time as you need. Information is power.

Back