• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

new kid

1glieder

Hi everyone I recently had surgery and I am struggling, did anyone lose like 40 pounds right away and then stopped losing weight for a little while?

I lost hardly anything the first 2 weeks, then it melted off of me. Once, i stalled. Took about a week or so then it started melting again. LOL. The incredible melting woman here!!!! Stick to it. You will do just fine. And welcome to the group.

I lost my first 40 lbs in about a month and then hit a plateau but I didn't change anything I was doing and finally the plateau ended patti

few I thought something was wrong with me lol! I went to my post op appt and had lost 23.5lbs! one week later and I have not lost a thing! I am sooo glad for this site!! does anyone still have their gall bladder and if so did you have problems after surgery??

Welcome 1glieder. I had about 40 lbs loss the first month or 2, stalled, then started losing again, the first year was full of little plateaus, your doing fine. Rember not to compare your weight loss to others, we all lose weight at a different pace, and if you have increased your physical activity that will make it seem like your not losing weight, but you are more than likely losing fat and building muscle which is more efficient at burning calories, it's a win win:D. In my support group they recommend mesureing everything and that will show that when the scale is stalled the fat is still coming off, I just keep trying on new cloths. You are on your way to a new you, let us know how you are doing. :cool: Tom

few I thought something was wrong with me lol! I went to my post op appt and had lost 23.5lbs! one week later and I have not lost a thing! I am sooo glad for this site!! does anyone still have their gall bladder and if so did you have problems after surgery??

Hi Jenny, almost 2 years out and still have my gall bladder, still no poblems, but I was told that RnY patients sometimes have problems with gall stones and some need to have the gall bladder removed. I dont know what symptoms to look for if I do have a problem but I think I will know if it happens. Hope your doing OK with your Gall bladder.
:cool: Tom

Thanks Tom! I was told by my doc that I needed meds but he forgot to give them to me. I got them the other day and I think I am fine but will give it a few more days!! Jenny!!

Back