• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

tduff52

Hello everyone. I am new to the group. Hope everyone is doing well. I had laparoscopic gastric by-pass surgery in 2010. Never could find the time to go to the support group that was headed up by my surgeon and hospital, so was glad to hear about this one. I lost 70 lbs initially, and have gained a few back. I am not happy about this. It is easier now to eat more than I could recently after the surgery. I still cannot eat as much as I could prior to the surgery, Thank God. I also did a lot of walking initially, when I was physically able to do so and some work-outs and this elped a lot. then I was able to go back to work and now don't have time. Is anyone having the same problem and if so, how are you all dealing with this? I do not want to go back to my original weight. I am afraid this could creep up on me before I know it if not careful. anyone have any ideas? I am very thankful of how far I have come, just don't want to backslide. :eek: :) Would love to hear success stories as well as advice.

Hello everyone. I am new to the group. Hope everyone is doing well. I had laparoscopic gastric by-pass surgery in 2010. Never could find the time to go to the support group that was headed up by my surgeon and hospital, so was glad to hear about this one. I lost 70 lbs initially, and have gained a few back. I am not happy about this. It is easier now to eat more than I could recently after the surgery. I still cannot eat as much as I could prior to the surgery, Thank God. I also did a lot of walking initially, when I was physically able to do so and some work-outs and this elped a lot. then I was able to go back to work and now don't have time. Is anyone having the same problem and if so, how are you all dealing with this? I do not want to go back to my original weight. I am afraid this could creep up on me before I know it if not careful. anyone have any ideas? I am very thankful of how far I have come, just don't want to backslide. :eek: :) Would love to hear success stories as well as advice.

Hello and welcome. You are doing very well. No matter what anyone says you are down 70 pounds and you will continue down.

The most important thing to do is journal; that is my opinion. This makes you accountable and aware of everything that you are consuming. Stay under 1200 calories a day. Stay above 800 caloires.

I use www.caloriecount.com . It is a terrific site with an excellent database of foods. You can keep track of your food consumption, your exercise and your weight as well as journal and communicate with the members on the site.

BE ACCOUNTABLE.

This will help you succeed. Visit here often.

We will cheer you on.

Ralph

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us.
You say you don't have time to exercise. Really? You can't find 15 minutes twice a day to walk around your building at work, or go up and down some stairs?
You say you don't have time to go to a support group? The one's in my area meet once a month. That's one hour a month plus 30 min travel time. How much time did I waste yesterday watching some stupid sit-com that was a repeat that I already saw. How much time did I waste on Facebook? How much time did I waste on texting or online searching? You need to prioritize your life and decide what's important. Because it does sound like the weight will creep back since you can eat more. It might not come back in a year, maybe it will take 10 years, but you already know the outcome if you don't get back on track.

Hi there. Just joined today also. I dream of being your weight. I'm willing to do anything to make this work. a few years ago I lost 80lbs. on my own, then gained it all back. I've tried all of the diets and fads but they don't work for me. I became a grandma on valentines day . I want to live long enough to see him grow. I look at the pictures that have been taken of me lately and feel ashamed. The funny thing is that I haven't always been fat. I used to be skinny. I'm thin mentally but trapped in this body.

HI, I'm jduffy. Welcome to the group. Got the word the other day that I am a candidate for the surgery at Cleveland Clinic. Now it's just waiting to get appointments for the massive number of pre-op appointments.

WELCOME to the Forum!!! There are many people on this forum who have lost weight and kept it off successfully. Watch Linney's videos. She has lost a great deal of weight and is successfully keeping it off. Go to the BLOGS link at the top of the page and click on it, there is a list of her blogs and one of them has a list and links of all her videos on utube.

Cheyenne. :)

Hi there. Just joined today also. I dream of being your weight. I'm willing to do anything to make this work. a few years ago I lost 80lbs. on my own, then gained it all back. I've tried all of the diets and fads but they don't work for me. I became a grandma on valentines day . I want to live long enough to see him grow. I look at the pictures that have been taken of me lately and feel ashamed. The funny thing is that I haven't always been fat. I used to be skinny. I'm thin mentally but trapped in this body.

Hi Renee! WELCOME to the Forum!!! Have you had your surgery yet? If not when are you scheduled for it? If you follow your weight loss plan, with the help of the surgery, you will make your goal successfully! We are all here to encourage and help each other. Please come often to this site and share your thoughts and experiences. Just remember that the operation makes the stomach very tiny. DON'T STRETCH IT OUT. If you can do that, you will be successful. Weigh your food, that way you can't go wrong. Most surgeons recommend starting out with 2 ounces maximum at first. After 8 months post op I am up to 1/2 cup at a meal. DON'T eat starches, stick to protein and I mainly eat veggies that have little calories like green beans have 10 calories in 1/4 cup. Stewed tomatoes have 18 calories in 1/4 cup. Then 1/4 of a chicken breast has 40 calories. So for 68 calories I have a a nutritious meal.

Wishing you great success! :)

Cheyenne :cool:

WELCOME to the Forum!!! There are many people on this forum who have lost weight and kept it off successfully. Watch Linney's videos. She has lost a great deal of weight and is successfully keeping it off. Go to the BLOGS link at the top of the page and click on it, there is a list of her blogs and one of them has a list and links of all her videos on utube.

Cheyenne. :)

I forgot to mention, please come to this forum often. We are all here to help each other! :)

Renee, I forgot to say, you should really go ahead and post an Introduction on your own thread. :)

You are probably right about the time part. I work 2 jobs and am in school so yes my time is very limited and spread but I probably Could squeeze in a few minutes per day. I am limited though in what I can do though. I am unable to do extra walking right now Bc of foot sore. I am currently trying To build up vacation time so I can schedule surgery. Doc doesn't want me on that foot near as much as I am on it until after surgery but must work. Anyway thank you for the encouragement. I need to find exercises that doesn't require foot work for now. Any ideas. Am seriously re vamping diet and goals for getting back on track. I have come too far to go backwards.

Welcome. I tried different ways before my surgery. Was never successful. I struggled with will power issues prior to my surgery. Just do not want to go backwards at this point. I have clothes I do not want to replace.. and I feel so much bettersince weight loss and don't want to lose that either.last but not least. My health is mort important. We can do this. :)

welcome to all

I have a suggestion on the exercise. If you can't do things that require you to be on your feet go to you tube and look for seated workouts. There are plenty of full length videos. It is a choice to find the time and be willing to workout. I look at it from this stand point I am using the time saved cooking and ironing to do my workout. Now that I can cook once and eat for days I'm not in the kitchen near as much and my cloths are half the size so that means they take less time to wash and iron. I understand the honeymoon phase of the surgery is over for you but you have to keep the dedication to your new improved life a top priority.

welcome to all

I have a suggestion on the exercise. If you can't do things that require you to be on your feet go to you tube and look for seated workouts. There are plenty of full length videos. It is a choice to find the time and be willing to workout. I look at it from this stand point I am using the time saved cooking and ironing to do my workout. Now that I can cook once and eat for days I'm not in the kitchen near as much and my cloths are half the size so that means they take less time to wash and iron. I understand the honeymoon phase of the surgery is over for you but you have to keep the dedication to your new improved life a top priority.
Also time saved grocery shopping! I used to spend $200 every week, and now I spend about $40 every TWO weeks. It doesn't take long to pick up $40 worth of food...

Back