• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New on the block!!

Time 4 me

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and really have enjoying reading the posts, so I thought I would join in. I was due to have surgery yesterday 10/16 but due to insurance issues it was postponed until 10/23 and may be postponed yet again. I am so frustrated because I had myself totally prepared and now it is a waiting game and I am questioning my decision.

I am having the surgery for the lease of a "new, healthy" life, I am an uncontrolled insulin dependent diabetic. I am looking forward to throwing the insulin away, I have been seeing diabetes take it's toll on my health, my body and my life. With that being said I am very scared and especially nervous of the "head hunger issues". I have reading alot and trying to educate myself on how to handle such issues but as we all know you have to walk the walk to understand it.

I really appreciate everyone that has told their story and shared the wealth of information on this forum.

Hi Time 4 Me, Welcome. It sounds very frustrating to be all set to go only to be told to wait I hope it is a sure thing this next time. It is normal to question what you are about to do, it hit me like a ton of bricks the day I scheduled my surgery day, but I knew in my heart why I was doing this, for me and my health so I could start enjoying life again and spend time with my family and be able to hike and jog without worring if I were going to have a heart attack. Let us know how you are doing. :cool: Tom

Tom- Thanks some for the words of encouragement! I know this is the right decision just very scared of immediate post surgery and the huge adjustments. But as they say "no pain no gain" and in our case "no pain no loss"! LOL Have a wonderful day and hope to talk with you soon. Time 4 me:D

Back