• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to Group

Tina mp

Hi Everyone,
My name is Tina, I am preop right now just waiting for my insurance to give the ok for surgery and get my date. I want to have the RNY, Can't wait to start this and lose more of this weight. I am hoping to have surgery in August. Anyone else scheduled for August or September? I am looking for support group buddies to go thru this journey together. My kids are grown and on their own, My hubby is a truck driver so is not home that much. Just want some additional support. My family is behind me 100% but just want all the help I can get.
:cool:

Hi Tina welcome aboard. We are all here to encourage and support you. You might also try a local support group that your surgical group sponsors or something like that so you can have a physical buddy to go through this with. I only say this because particularly in your case you may not have someone close by to help you if you need assistance. Of course you might have already taken care of this but I'm just guessing you might not have that kind of support.
I do understand the closeness of having a surgery buddy, Tilly is mine and it's comfoting having that connection, but I also have made many friends here that aren't surgery buddies and they are just as wonderfully supportive as Tilly is. I'm sure as time goes by and the more involved you become in this group you too will have many friends too. So again, Welcome Aboard!!

Hi Everyone,
My name is Tina, I am preop right now just waiting for my insurance to give the ok for surgery and get my date. I want to have the RNY, Can't wait to start this and lose more of this weight. I am hoping to have surgery in August. Anyone else scheduled for August or September? I am looking for support group buddies to go thru this journey together. My kids are grown and on their own, My hubby is a truck driver so is not home that much. Just want some additional support. My family is behind me 100% but just want all the help I can get.
:cool:

Hi Tina!!! WELCOME to the Forum! You will find many good friends here who can help you through your surgery and new healthier lifestyle. We are all here to help each other and we especially welcome new members who will be active on this site and in turn will also help out future new members.

This site has meant a great deal to me, I have made many new friends here who are so wonderful and have helped me through the last year, after my bariatric surgery.

Good luck to you. :)

Cheyenne

Hi Tina. I am scheduled for bypass on September 18. I am jumping through all my insurance hoops; support meetings, psych eval, surgery seminars, nutritionist, ect.... It is all keeping me occupied while waiting for the actual surgery though. So......
I do see how important it is to have a lot of support after surgery. I have found this website to be a huge asset.
I try to imagine how it feels to have all ready had the surgery, to try and get in the right mindset. I have read in so many places that you need to deal with 'mind hunger' and other mind games after surgery. Trying to prepare myself.
Good luck on your journey!

Hi Tina ! I am also a newbie here. My insurance company sent me a comprehensive letter, with a list of items to check off before they gave me approval. All I need to do, is see a Psyc doctor. That is scheduled for late August. My Dr. said that puts me down for a late September surgery. I asked for mid-Oct if it was ok. --- I am a soccer referee and have contracts with several schools and I don't want to break any contracts, if possible. Anyway, I can't wait till it happens. I have Addison disease, which calls for 30.1 mg of steroids a day for the rest of my life. I sometimes get salt cravings and scrounge. I will be watching / following several threads here until and after my surgery.

Back