• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to site with surgery on July 18th

lindasue55

I am currently on the liver reduction diet and will remain on it until the day before my surgery; July 18th. Lots of protein shakes and fluids. Have done well so far, but yesterday at the family cook-out was harder than I thought it would be. I haven't really been hungry until then. I mean I got to eat salad with grilled chicken, but the hamburger, hot dogs and all the other stuff looked really good too. I wanted to go so I could tell my brother and his wife about my upcoming surgery. I have been reluctant to tell too many people; you know...to many opinions. But they are very supportive:) Anyway. I am looking for other to chat with and keep each other motivated after the surgery. Thanks y'all and best of luck !!

Welcome lindasue, My surgery is July 16th so we are just about at the same place. You are going to love it here as the people are 1. all at different stages of the journey and 2. so VERY helpful! Pull up a chair and look around at all of the articles, there is so much information on here!

Welcome Linda Sue,

I'm in Wake Forest NC and you'll love this board. We talk about anything and everything without judging anyone. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. That's what we're here for.

Frank

:cool:

I found staying closely connected to the gal that had surgery the same day I did very helpful. After speaking daily, we don't let a week go by with reaching out to one another. Working through our ups and downs has been beneficial. Linda and Dreamz, let me suggest for the two of you to connect outside of this forum. Best wishes. Dori

well kudos to you if you stuck to your diet!!! We all know that is not easy!!! Youre so lucky that your are almost there with your surgery!! YEAH!!! Mine is still 23 days away- but whos counting!! haha!!!! I told a few on my FB but they don't get it! My brother in law posted not to have the surgery- ass!!! So I am not talking about it on FB anymore I have one friend that has had it on FB and we IM. She has been a big help and she has lost 80 lbs!!! Cant wait til Im at that point in the journey!!!! All the best to you gal!!!!! :D

Hey Tammie,
Don't worry the days will pass by and it will be your time too. Tomorrow I start on 5 protein shakes a day and that's it. But to tell you the truth. I don't mind. I figure it is for a week and I can do anything for a week. Also, don't let those FB folks bother you. You have made a decision to be healthy and are stepping up. We will be here to support you!
Hang in there :)

Thanks Frank! I hope I do as well as you have:)

BUD8SGIRL- I think you are right. thanks for your words of wisdom;)

Welcome Linda Sue and hello Dreamz64. My surgery date is July 16th and I really am not freaking out too much. I do not have to do the protein shake thing so that's wonderful! I'll be watching your posts as we are all so close together!

Back