• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to site

crashell

Hello. I have one more appointment with my nutritionist before I am (hopefully) cleared to see the surgeon. It has been a long road to get to this point in my weight loss journey. Five years ago my husband's insurance changed and it didn't cover the surgery. I fought with them to get it covered but no go. Well thank the lord his insurance changed again this year and it is now covered. I am so thankful that I will finally be able to have this surgery and become healthy. I am glad that there is a group online that seems to be very supportive of each other. I had joined a couple of other groups but they were down right vicious at times and not very supportive.

Welcome to the group! We are very supportive and happy to help. We try to be positively honest and help you on your way. We ask the same in return and will be rewarded with many wonderful online friends.

Congratulations on your new insurance company.

thank you. I do try to be respectful of others and I am looking forward to having a safe place to talk to others about this journey.

Hello. I have one more appointment with my nutritionist before I am (hopefully) cleared to see the surgeon. It has been a long road to get to this point in my weight loss journey. Five years ago my husband's insurance changed and it didn't cover the surgery. I fought with them to get it covered but no go. Well thank the lord his insurance changed again this year and it is now covered. I am so thankful that I will finally be able to have this surgery and become healthy. I am glad that there is a group online that seems to be very supportive of each other. I had joined a couple of other groups but they were down right vicious at times and not very supportive.

WELCOME to this Forum!!! So glad your insurance coverage changed and you will have bariatric surgery. Surgery is not a fix all but it is a great tool in losing weight and becoming healthy. We are all here to help one another in our weight loss journey.

Good luck and post often!!! :)

Cheyenne

Hello crshell welcome to this forum we are very happy to have you congrats on your change of insurance.

Joygirl55:eek:

Welcome crashell,

First I would like to apologize for your experience with other sites. Everyone here is awesome . They all try to help with any problem that anyone may have. On this site you will come across people that are at every different stage of their journey. If you have a question there will always be someone that will have an answer for you. I am also happy that your insurance situation is better now. Once again welcome and come back often.

TillieS

thank you everyone for the support. It is really important for me to have positive and supportive people to talk to about this journey. I have a wonderful support system and even two friends who have gone through the bypass surgery for me to talk to but it will be good to have others who have had the sleeve to talk to. That is the surgery that I would like to have.

Back