• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

new today

mychef

mychef - Today 09:21 AM Edit Report
Hello I'm new here. I'm having the sleeve surgery on Sept 15,2014. I was wondering if someone could tell me about the 2 weeks before surgery. Is very hard? What kind of shakes does everyone take? Anybody from the Boston area?

Hi MyChef, I'm scheduled for DOSA - (Day of Surgery Assessment?) in one week. They said my surgery could be scheduled for as soon as the next Monday Sept 8. Here's what I've discovered about that liquid protein diet. I know that the protein ISOLATE shakes are better than the other protein stuff you can get. THey don't have the chalk or fiber taste. UNJURY is more expensive, but worth it, I think. Also the Sams Whey protein isolate chocolate is very good, tastes like pudding if you use almond milk. Good luck to you-- Keep in touch.

WELCOME to the Forum, MyChef and MayaKim!

Good luck to you both on your surgery!!! It's a great journey for a healthier life. :)

Follow your surgeon's instructions and you will do well.

Cheyenne:cool:

mychef - Today 09:21 AM Edit Report
Hello I'm new here. I'm having the sleeve surgery on Sept 15,2014. I was wondering if someone could tell me about the 2 weeks before surgery. Is very hard? What kind of shakes does everyone take? Anybody from the Boston area?

Hello mychef I am past surgery for 3 months during my pre surgery 2 weeks this is the protient shakes I use
people recommend this product. Naturade Total Soy - Chocolate from Vitamin Shop
Price: $14.99 also the vanila it taste very good can mix with water or almon milk with ice cubes I realy loose weight
using that its realy good hope you try it maybe you will like it good luck.
Joygirl55:)

For my meal replacement shakes I used Bariatric Advantage High Protein Meal Replacement Shakes.

Hi, all! I have done lots of different protein shakes over the last year (my surgery date was 1/15/14). Right now, I am using the Whey Isolate protein by Market Pantry (the Target brand). I mix it in with my non-fat Lactaid. I did not have to do liquid diet before the surgery; I had to do it after. And I will be honest, it was a very hard two weeks. But, once you get through it, things are much easier.

Back