• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New with questions

Hello all. Just had my gastric sleeve surgery on January 5, 2017. I never was part of something like this. Any advice on how to navigate through the site is appreciated. There seems to be so many threads and can be overwhelming. Thanks.

Hello, lots of love here, sometimes it takes a while for us to get on here, I have been on this site for a month and haven't figured it all out lol, but I do know how to respond to others, we are here for you,

Hello all. Just had my gastric sleeve surgery on January 5, 2017. I never was part of something like this. Any advice on how to navigate through the site is appreciated. There seems to be so many threads and can be overwhelming. Thanks.
Hello Primum. Welcome to the group!!! A quick review of how to navigate the messages: when you find one you are interested in, click on the blue link to get you to it. If you find a post you want to reply to, go to the bottom of that particular post and hit reply. When you are done responding, hit post reply. Any other features you would like to know about?

Hello, lots of love here, sometimes it takes a while for us to get on here, I have been on this site for a month and haven't figured it all out lol, but I do know how to respond to others, we are here for you,
Thank you Tracy. Very nice to chat with you. So many stories of post op are amazing in that many people have a little side effects but my recovery has been pretty tough. I had the stomach flu two days before surgery but I am hanging in and making sure to consume at least the minimum requirements for protein calories and fluid. Did you have your surgery last month?

Hello Primum. Welcome to the group!!! A quick review of how to navigate the messages: when you find one you are interested in, click on the blue link to get you to it. If you find a post you want to reply to, go to the bottom of that particular post and hit reply. When you are done responding, hit post reply. Any other features you would like to know about?
Hi there Christine. Sounds pretty simple :). Thank you for the feedback. I have to get my profile up and running. I'm less than a week since surgery so getting myself together first. I would figure that at some point with posting comments and reading replies one will get a connection with specific people. Is there a way to chat with just someone directly if that should happen?

Hi there Christine. Sounds pretty simple :). Thank you for the feedback. I have to get my profile up and running. I'm less than a week since surgery so getting myself together first. I would figure that at some point with posting comments and reading replies one will get a connection with specific people. Is there a way to chat with just someone directly if that should happen?
You can talk to others through private conversations. To get to them, click on your name at the top right of the screen. Then on the right side of the drop down menu, you will see conversations. Click on that. You will need to know the name of the person you would like to have the conversation with to enter. After that it is just like a regular message.

I saw where you left a message for Tracy regarding people having some issues with recovery. I was doing fine the first week after surgery, but after adding soft foods to my diet, I started having issues with nausea. I was unable to get even close to my protein requirements. Today was my first day to get there and my surgery was 12/6. I have been unable to exercise, so now my strength is very low. I have to get to walking, but even walking around Costco wore me out last weekend. I hope your issues go away quickly.

You can talk to others through private conversations. To get to them, click on your name at the top right of the screen. Then on the right side of the drop down menu, you will see conversations. Click on that. You will need to know the name of the person you would like to have the conversation with to enter. After that it is just like a regular message.

I saw where you left a message for Tracy regarding people having some issues with recovery. I was doing fine the first week after surgery, but after adding soft foods to my diet, I started having issues with nausea. I was unable to get even close to my protein requirements. Today was my first day to get there and my surgery was 12/6. I have been unable to exercise, so now my strength is very low. I have to get to walking, but even walking around Costco wore me out last weekend. I hope your issues go away quickly.

Getting in and keeping in what we need is sometimes difficult. Try your very best to get your protein in. Maybe find something that is smaller quantity and high-protein. I know I was given individual packs of pro source when I was in the hospital. They weren't the best tasting but they were small packets that were only 60 cal but packed with 15 g of protein. Best to get them in and then add in whatever other soft foods you would like. Thank you also for your reply. I am totally new to this type of communication. But I am looking forward to helping and being helped with the support.

One last question Guru :)

I am navigating through the site and becoming familiar. What is this two-step verification? Is it necessary? It seems like I can't upload a picture or anything and I'm wondering if that is the reason why. Because I did not do the two-step verification. Thanks.

Getting in and keeping in what we need is sometimes difficult. Try your very best to get your protein in. Maybe find something that is smaller quantity and high-protein. I know I was given individual packs of pro source when I was in the hospital. They weren't the best tasting but they were small packets that were only 60 cal but packed with 15 g of protein. Best to get them in and then add in whatever other soft foods you would like. Thank you also for your reply. I am totally new to this type of communication. But I am looking forward to helping and being helped with the support.
Thanks for the info. I will have to look for Pro Source. I got all of my protein in yesterday by having a protein shake at breakfast and another one at lunch. They are 30g each. How many meals are you allowed to have per day? I'm allowed 3. I've heard anywhere from 3-6. I can't imagine more than 3.

Thank you Tracy. Very nice to chat with you. So many stories of post op are amazing in that many people have a little side effects but my recovery has been pretty tough. I had the stomach flu two days before surgery but I am hanging in and making sure to consume at least the minimum requirements for protein calories and fluid. Did you have your surgery last month?
Yes I had mine on Dec 22, wants you are able to eat a little more, you will feel better

One last question Guru :)

I am navigating through the site and becoming familiar. What is this two-step verification? Is it necessary? It seems like I can't upload a picture or anything and I'm wondering if that is the reason why. Because I did not do the two-step verification. Thanks.
No clue about the two step thing sorry

Back