• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New

Doretta

Well I have my consultation with surgeon in 2 weeks. Started this in November with 12 weeks of classes and have lost 29 lbs so far. Anxious and nervous in taking the next step.

hi. i'm still waiting for appointment to see psychologist. for me it's the first step. my therapist faxed her report to cleveland clinic last thursday. don't know why it's taking them so long.
did your doctor require the weight loss or was it your insurance?

Hi and Welcome! I finish my 6 month weight management for insurance tomorrow and then I will have my appointment with my surgeon. I think it's perfectly normal to be anxious and nervous. This is a big step in our lives Hang in there and visit often. There are lots of great people here who can give advice and help answer questions. Take care!

The weight loss is part of the program. I actually have scaled way back on food so I would continue to lose. The surgeon has the final say on the surgery date. It has been 7 months since I started the whole process.
I hope you get your referral soon.

Welcome.

The new life journey begins for you.

Anxious, nervous and excited too.

You will do fine. Come here often. Read the posts, ask the questions. There are many of us with experiences here to share with all new comers. Soon, you will be part of the post op group helping others who decide to change and improve their lives by way of surgery.

Ralph

Back