• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

newbie but oldie....

Hi Im Lisa and Im 27yrs old. I am just starting this journey. when i was 18 i went through Everything. It was 9hrs before surgery and i chickened out. So now im going through this process again, but this time I WILL succeed!!!
At my heaviest i was between 406 and 408lbs, currently im 357ish. I am 6ft tall.
I have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome), Ibs (irritable bowl syndrome), Hbp, and countless other things that a young adult shouldnt have to deal with.
At 16 i was dx with the pcos and was told id probably Never get prego. At 19 i magically did get prego, but it ended suddenly at 5w6d along due to a miscarrage. i have been trying ever since, including using some medications and havent been able to get prego. All ive ever wanted to be was/is a mommy. this is my last chance.
I have to wait 4months (insurance diet) and lose 5% of my excess body weight. the weights no problem its the Waiting i have a problem with. i wish i could have it done next month.
I am a proud aunt to 3yr old twins Elizabeth and Cecilia, 6yr old Traci, and 3mo old Jace. I have a brother Don whos 35 and a sister Brittany whos 26. My mom is my biggest supporter, dads not to happy about the surgery but he know im an adult.
On top of surviving a miscarrage, i have also survived multiple rapes, physical and mental abuise and now im getting ready to do through a divorce. plus all the other countless issues ive had to deal with, so i know i can survive this.

Anyway thats a little about me. Im an open book if you wanna know something Ask!

Lisa

Hi Lisa, Welcome to the forum. You are a very strong woman and have endured alot at such a young age. It sounds like you have done your homework and you know what you want to do. Like the rest of us you have been dealing with weight issues your whole life, try not to worry about the 4 month waiting period just focus on what the doctors want you to do and before you know it you will be scheduling a surgery date. Hang in there we are all here for support. :cool: Tom

Lisa

hi how's your day been so far? YOu've been through alot to be so young. I am happy for you that you've deceided to get the surgery for YOU, I beleive in prayer and I will pray you are able to have the child of your dreams. Being healthy makes a difference. I have 3 kids and my twins weren't born until I was 37, yep (I TOLD YOU I BELEIVE IN MIRACLES)> they've brought me alot of joy.
going through divorce is hard,been there done that. I too hate the waiting game the insurance co, and all make us go through , I have to constantly remind myself hang in there the goal weight will be worth it all and being able to shop and find clothes easily will be great.
I too am an open book, I could write volumes on here , if you need a friend to talk to, I'll listen and always reply back.This room accepts us asWE ARE! hang in there your future is looking brighter, one day at a time, and I too will be praying that GOD blesses you with (CHILDREN) when the time is right , hope is what keeps all of us motivated.
Keep us posted how you are doing.
Donna

Last edited:
Back