• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newbie- having Sleeve done

Hi. I am 27 years old. I have a husband and one child (he's 4). I just had my first surgeon consult and have decided on the sleeve. I welcome any tips and suggestions. I'm ready to do this for me!

Hi. I am 27 years old. I have a husband and one child (he's 4). I just had my first surgeon consult and have decided on the sleeve. I welcome any tips and suggestions. I'm ready to do this for me!
Welcome livingstrong, I had gastric sleeve surgery feb7th 2012 about a week ago and i am doing great physically. What kind of tips are you looking for? I am so happy to find someone else who is doing sleeve doesnt seem to be many on this site, its becoming the most popular of surgeries in my area! you can private message me if you want. Did you get a date yet?

Livingstrong-Welcome to the forum. There are so many nice people here to support you. Make sure you come back here often to let us know how you are doing. There are a few ppl here that have had the sleeve that will be able to help you with any questions you may have.

Welcome livingstrong, I had gastric sleeve surgery feb7th 2012 about a week ago and i am doing great physically. What kind of tips are you looking for? I am so happy to find someone else who is doing sleeve doesnt seem to be many on this site, its becoming the most popular of surgeries in my area! you can private message me if you want. Did you get a date yet?

No DOS yet. I'm hoping by April/May. I can't wait!
Thank you everyone for the welcome!!!!!

I would have probably have chosen the sleeve over RNY but Medicare will not cover it. I've been researching this for over 5 years but my previous insurance wouldn't cover any WLS. Due to a series of events I ended up permanently disabled in 2008 and eventually went on Medicare. I was told that Medicare should eventually cover the sleeve but I can't wait any longer. I'm happy to have the RNY instead and can't wait to see the results :)

( yrs ago the open RNY WAS the procedure,no lap bands or other gastric differences. I was very happy with it. I never did have a panniculectomy because insurance wouldn't cover it,plus whenI went to the surgeon they stripped me of all my clothes and got out the camera. whenhe was done he said. maam that will be 5,000 dollars we can schedule you at your convenience..no way was I going to let him touch me. when I lost 120 lbs my aprons wasn't so big and didn't gets so until I regained 60 lbs. It has taken me a year to lose that. I am again sitting on 205 and back on track. remembermthe pouch is a toool and you have to follow the directions for its use. we have to account for everything we put in our mouth. welcome and write if I can be of help. I know I am struggling but I need as much support as everyone else who has done, is fdoing or plans to do a gastric procedure...patti

Back