• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Cindy4glen

Hi
Hello everyone My name is Cindy. I am waiting for insurance approval. It can not come fast enough. I previously had a Lapband. Of course it failed. After they took it out I started gaining weight rapidly. Can anyone recommend the best protein powder. I am not looking forward to this part because I don't like milk,but will get thru it. Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some good advice.

Welcome Cindy

I prefer unjury. It can be mixed with water or milk. One of my favorites is the strawberry mixed into lemonade.

Best wishes
Sharon

I agree the unjury is pretty good. I got on the Nashua Nutritionals site and was able to get individual Nectar packages too. I wanted to try stuff without buying the whole tub. I have to say, I really admire your courage to continue your weight loss journey despite the unexpected outcome of your lapband. Welcome to the boards! I hope they help you as much as they are helping me.

take care,
Mimi

I love Unjury. I wasn't a fan of their unflavored though. At this stage, I think you should try as many different brands a possible to see which one you like the best. I went though 4 different brands and finally Unjury won. You don't want to get stuck with something that you feel you have to choke down because that will make it harder for you to get in your protein after surgery.

I am 6 days away from my surgery and I started my pre-surgery diet (not needed for my program) Monday, and it is rough because I keep thinking of all the food I want to eat and won't ever be able to have again (having the bypass).

Back