• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

jfsjr61

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie to this forum but not to WLS. I am 4 wks. post-op from a VSG. I'm just now joining this forum because to be honest I didn't know this was here. I was originally a member of the thinner times forum but appearantly they don't want members anymore because it was an act from God to keep a easy password or to receive a new easy password, they want it hard so I went searching for a new one. Anyhow looking forward to posting with all.

Welcome!

I just had my RNY on 5/28 and just started posting here. I have found everyone to be helpful and supportive. Good luck!

Welcome.

You will find all the help and support you need right here.

However, I must also recommend that you find a local bariatric support group as well. I post often here and "pay it forward" to both this online community and my local community.

I attend a local support group monthly. The first hours is a mix of pre-op and post-op bariatric patients. The second hour is dedicated to post-op patients only. Both sessions are invaluable in helping to keep you focused on your new way of life and help you maintain your motivation.

The second hour is also there to help and assist anyone struggling with any issues what so ever.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph for the welcome, as for the support groups the closest ones I have found are 1 1/2 hours away from me. So online is where I get my support

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie to this forum but not to WLS. I am 4 wks. post-op from a VSG. I'm just now joining this forum because to be honest I didn't know this was here. I was originally a member of the thinner times forum but appearantly they don't want members anymore because it was an act from God to keep a easy password or to receive a new easy password, they want it hard so I went searching for a new one. Anyhow looking forward to posting with all.

Welcome jfsjr61 I am new too and I have surgery on 5/2/14 and I realy enjoy this online support group
it help me a lot I am like you the local support group are far away, for now this online group have to do
welcome again.

Joygirl55:)

WELCOME to jfsjr61 and to joygirl55! Glad you both have joined this Forum!

You will meet a lot of successful, knowledgeable people here who are extremely nice and helpful in your journey to healthy weight loss.

Good luck to you both :)

,Cheyenne

Back