• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Night eating

hi my name is tangie and I have a severe problem with night eating. I wake up in the middle of the night. Does anyone have suggestions or suffer with this problem

hi my name is tangie and I have a severe problem with night eating. I wake up in the middle of the night. Does anyone have suggestions or suffer with this problem

I think night eating is a habit. You need to do something to break the habit. My grandson who is autistic used to get up in the middle of the night and eat a box of cereal, loaf of bread and anything else he could find to his liking. We had to put locks on the fridge and cabinets until he got out of the habit of doing it. Now he acts fine and sleeps through the night and we no longer need to lock everything up.

Your body has evidently set your internal timeclock to eating at night. Hopefully you can reset it.

Good luck to you.

Cheyenne

I used to work at night and my whole day and night was flip flopped. When I was home on the weekends I had a hard time keeping up with my families eating schedule. I no longer work so now I am eating like I should. You can reset your internal clock. Good luck.

TillieS

This is a terrible habit of mine. I am trying so hard to break it, but by 11pm? I am a bear! I haven't had surgery yet. I sure hope surgery helps stop this.

Back